Today was a great day!

LisaPeace
on 2/26/10 3:17 pm - Tulsa, OK
I'm four weeks out today and down 35 lbs...and Jenny from Dr. Hanna's called me and Cole, my significant other got approved for RNY!!!! It's funny, I was FREAKING OUT when I found out my insurance was changing on Jan 1...I'd been trying to do the 6 month diet for Aetna, but on 1/1, our insurance changed to Empire BC/BS. No such requirement! I was approved the first week I had the insurance, and now Cole is finally going to be healthy too!

He's 6'6", 407 lbs....has crippling arthritis in his knees, diabetes and high blood pressure.  Like me, he's been obese since childhood.

His date is March 15th, and now I just need to get him on this board so he can meet some of the great people I've met so far!

Lisa 
Highest Weight: 290
Surgery Weight: 282
Goal Weight: 150

barbccrn
on 2/26/10 4:53 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Yay for Cole!!!! And Lisa...you are so right. He needs to visit OH. 99% of what I learned about WLS was from the GREAT people on this board.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

~ Dana ~
on 2/26/10 9:15 pm - Henderson, NV
Awesome job on the 35 lbs....Congrats to Cole, how exciting for the both of you to do this together, great support!

~ Dana ~

QweenBee
on 2/28/10 4:25 am - Henderson, NV
Wow congrats on the 35 lbs girlfriend!! Also for Cole...I bet he must be excited especially seeing how great you are doing. My husband is on his way as well and has a couple more months to get his 6 months complete. So now that I have been thru it, I know he will do great as well. I know it has been a while since I last wrote you all, so I am just updating everyone I know. So far 27 lbs down now!! I am soooo excited!! Well keep me in the loop with your recovery as well!! Take Care girly and good luck to Cole!!

Your Loser Friend,
*Rine*
LisaPeace
on 2/28/10 5:24 am - Tulsa, OK
27 pounds in less than two weeks?! That's great! How are you feeling? I didn't want to bug ya, I know the first week or so is rough.
Highest Weight: 290
Surgery Weight: 282
Goal Weight: 150

Ahealthyme
on 3/3/10 10:38 pm - Las Vegas, NV
WOW! Congrats on the 35 lbs AND congrats to Cole! This is awesome news!  You should invite him to our next support group so he can meet others who can also support him through his weightloss journey.  I'm sure by watching you and others, he'll be a great success!

CenturyClubCard-3-2-1-1-1.gif picture by barbccrn
OHHappyDaise
on 3/4/10 6:54 am - Las Vegas, NV
Congrats LisaPeace and Cole.. 35 lbs down is great.. Next you will be telling Cole the same thing..Isn't it nice hearing from Jenny in Dr. Hanna's office.. She is one "heck of a"  Houdini with insurance companies.. Good for him... Keep us posted... Hope to hear from ya soon... 

Healthy ways adds healthy days.                     
barbccrn
on 3/7/10 3:44 am - Las Vegas, NV
Look at all these posts!! YAY!!!!! There is hope for the Nevada Board!!! And...look at all of Dr. Hanna's patients....NIIIIICE!!!!!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Most Active