JUST GOT MY FINAL APPROVAL!! YAY!! FEB 16th IS THE START OF A NEW LIFE!!

QweenBee
on 1/25/10 3:37 am - Henderson, NV
Thanks Shoegal!!
QweenBee
on 1/25/10 3:36 am - Henderson, NV

Hey Val!!
Yes I remember you and I told my sister I met you and how nice you were when we met. My sister says that not only because I am going thru this now, you too have influenced her to get this surgery done ASAP! I am not sure how you looked before, but you look amazing!! Wow, congrats to you too. Being on this site has helped me a lot and everyone's input and experiences have been a HUGE comfort for me as well. Barb was one of the first on here that I have spoken to and yes I agree that she is awesome!!

I hope we can stay in contact thruout this website and hopefully we can meet up again soon:)..Thanks for the good wishes and I am counting the days to Feb. 16th...Take Care Missy and Good luck to you as well during your Losing Stage:)....

Just Me,

Serine

Ahealthyme
on 1/25/10 11:37 pm - Las Vegas, NV

Thanks Qweenbee! Another benefit that resulted from having the surgery is that I've been able to insire others to do something to lose their weight in order to improve their health. Others at work are now inquiring into having the surgery and some are doing weigh****chers and other programs. I'm just glad that I can encourage others to do whatever they can.

Good luck to you as well in your weightloss journey and remember I'm here if you ever want to talk or hang out. I can use the treadmill and other equipment at home, but I try to work out at LVAC at least twice a week if you're ever interested in going sometime. It's always more fun if you have a workout buddy.    Lately, I started back doing aqua aerobics and love it!

Take care,
Valerie

CenturyClubCard-3-2-1-1-1.gif picture by barbccrn
LisaPeace
on 1/26/10 12:18 am - Tulsa, OK
 I start my clear liquids tomorrow. I had a nervous night...I don't know why, I take my life into my hands every single time I get in the car out here lol. I guess it's because I've never made a will, living will, etc. And as stupid as it is (I should have done these things YEARS ago, being a single mom), I guess just THINKING about it has freaked me out a little.  I'm confident that everything will be fine though, and I get amazingly inspired when I see you've lost 70 POUNDS in two months! I cannot even imagine this. 

I'm not one of those that was thin at some point and then went to pot...I've been fat since I was in 2nd grade, so I keep trying to wrap my head around what it will be like, but I have nothing to compare it to, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I'm excited, and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you in person at a support meeting!

Lisa
Highest Weight: 290
Surgery Weight: 282
Goal Weight: 150

LisaPeace
on 1/26/10 12:20 am - Tulsa, OK
 I just realized...you're a smidge away from being in the 100's!  Oh my goodness, are you just walking on air about that?? Congratulations!
Ahealthyme
on 1/26/10 12:39 am - Las Vegas, NV

Yes, I AM very excited about soon reaching the 100's. ONEDERLAND is what it's referred to here on the board and I tell you as soon as I reach 199lbs, EVERYONE will probably hear me shout!

Seriously though.. it's perfectly normal to be nervous before surgery. Before mine, I wrote letters to my sons and my mom which were only to be opened if something went wrong with my surgery. My sons are grown and I went over all my financial info and last wishes just as a precaution.  I praise the Lord that all went well and I'm doing fine. Dr. Hanna said my surgery was textbook and I've done well. My only real issue was that during weeks 3 & 4 I became seriously dehydrated because I couldn't drink enough liquids. You can expect that your taste buds will change and things that you once liked may no longer taste good. During that time I couldn't stand the taste of all the SF products and water made me even more sick, thus causing the dehydration. Luckily Ashley (another member of this board) told me she had the same issue and recommended Gatorade and that did the trick. After about 2 weeks I was back on track. Please keep me posted on your progress. I look forward to meeting you at the next support group meeting. I'm here if you need anything.

Valerie

CenturyClubCard-3-2-1-1-1.gif picture by barbccrn
Most Active