JUST GOT MY FINAL APPROVAL!! YAY!! FEB 16th IS THE START OF A NEW LIFE!!

QweenBee
on 1/21/10 7:07 am - Henderson, NV

YAY I cannot believe it!! I just got the call from my doctor's office and my insurance approved my surgery in less than 7 days. WOW!! So my date is scheduled for sure on 02/16...I am sooo stoked and nervous at the same time. I am starting on the shakes today and my vitamins on Feb 4th. I have been walking for 30 mins everyday for 1 week so far. Any advice on anything else I need to prepare for before the surgery?

Thanks!!

LisaPeace
on 1/21/10 2:59 pm - Tulsa, OK
 Congratulations! We'll be two weeks apart! Let's keep in touch through this! Which hospital are you having yours at? I'll be at Desert Springs...I just had my class they require there, and there were patients from other doctors. I left feeling even MORE confident in Dr. Hanna as my surgeon. There was a guy there that his dr. wasn't even having him do a bowel prep! And the nurse in charge of the bariatric program shared with me that Dr. Hanna is an EXCELLENT surgeon. Very well respected.

Maybe we can start working out together once we heal up a bit!
Lisa
Highest Weight: 290
Surgery Weight: 282
Goal Weight: 150

QweenBee
on 1/22/10 2:31 am - Henderson, NV
Hey Lisa,
Yesssss!! I do not mind at all...At least I know that once we work out together, this will motivate me to keep on top of exercising everyday.  I have my last appt with Dr. Hanna's office on Feb. 4th so I guess this is where they will tell me the last steps I need to do before surgery time. I had no idea about the class you are referring to, but I guess they will let me know on my last visit. I too am doing my surgery at Desert Springs as well!! I wish all the best with your surgery next week and I will definitely keep in touch...Quick question, when did you start on your vitamins and are you buying them from Dr. Hanna's office? Also, since you have been on the shakes, have you been losing weight? I have just started on the shakes today and I am substituting my breakfast and lunch with the shakes and a heathly dinner. I am hoping this works!! Thanks for your input, this is definitely helping me out and I appreciate you
LisaPeace
on 1/22/10 2:27 pm - Tulsa, OK
 Hey girl, I bought one container of shake mix from Jenny and my first set of vitamins. I was going to order them all online, but I was worried they wouldn't arrive in time.

I went to the Vitamin Shoppe on W. Charleston and bought a bunch of different shake mixes/ready to drink ones. They have a rewards program (I think you buy a certain amount and they send you coupons), and I was very glad they have a policy to where if you open the container and hate it, they'll let you exchange it.

So far, the Matrix Vanilla they sell has been my favorite. I'm making peanut butter smoothies, strawberry smoothies, etc. I would think it's a lot easier when your stomach's the size of a walnut to be satisfied with these...not so much right now. 

~ Dana ~
on 1/21/10 9:28 pm - Henderson, NV
Congrats to the both of you....

~ Dana ~

QweenBee
on 1/22/10 2:41 am - Henderson, NV
Thanks Dana!!
GloryDays003
on 1/22/10 5:23 am - Las Vegas, NV
Great News for both of you!

You asked what else you can do to prepare. The only other thing I can think of is make sure you get your daily water intake. Good luck with your bowel prep haha (makes an icky face)

I had my Vertical Sleeve Jan 15th at Summerlin Hospital, exactly a week ago. I am doing fantastic. I had no pain since 8 hours post surgery. I was back at work the 5th day. I am walking 10 min on the treadmill. It was sooo easy! I am type II diabetic and have not had to take any meds post surgery.

2010 is our year!

QweenBee
on 1/22/10 8:28 am, edited 1/22/10 8:30 am - Henderson, NV

Hey Gloryday,
I too wanted to do the sleeve, but my insurance does not approve it yet, so that is why I am doing the RNY. I too am hoping that my recovery won't be so bad and that I can return to work soon after. I definitely am making sure that I drink a lot of water and I always drink water so i know that won't be so hard. But everything else I know I will have a hard time with(like food..LOL)

And YES I too believe this year 2010 is our year of CHANGE and GLAMOUR BABY!! WOW I am so amazed that you are not taking anymore medication for your Diabetes and so soon!! Congrats to you MIssy and it definitely is your GLoryDay!! Well keep in touch if you can so that we can all motivate ourselves on here!! Take Care!!

Ahealthyme
on 1/24/10 12:15 pm - Las Vegas, NV
LisaPeace & Queenbee -

Congratulations to both of you!   I look forward to seeing you guys at Dr. Hanna's support group meetings. I'm also a patient of Bernie's. I had my RNY on 11/3 and barbccrn was my OH angel.  I believe you may have met her already.  She and Ashley came to the hospital and stayed during my surgery. You will find that the OH website is an awesome website to gather info, get encouragement and vent your frustrations. (smile)   It's great to talk to people who truly can relate to what you're experiencing.

Actually Queenbee you and I met a little over a week ago when I was last in for a follow up visit with Dr. Hanna. I also work with your sister.

Good luck to both of you, I'm sure you'll do well. Dr. Hanna and his office staff are wonderful!  Hope to see you soon! 

Valerie

CenturyClubCard-3-2-1-1-1.gif picture by barbccrn
shoegal27
on 1/25/10 12:52 am
Congratulations!!! This is a start of a whole new way of life.
Most Active