Lurking for years...finally having RNY on 1/29/10!

LisaPeace
on 1/14/10 2:04 pm - Tulsa, OK
 Hello!

I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully make some local friends.  My name is Lisa, I'm 40 and have researched, talked myself into surgery, scared myself out of surgery, convinced myself I could lose the weight on my own, and just gotten fatter for the last 10 years!  It was 2000 when I started reading Obesity Help, and now, I'm two weeks away from surgery!

Tomorrow I start my two week protein shake diet (to try to get in good shape for surgery, I'm guessing), and I'm currently taking a HUGE stack of pills a day to rid myself of H. Pylori before surgery as well.  I don't even want to SAY what the side effects of those pills are, but suffice it to say, it's not fun.

Anyway, my surgeon is Dr. Hanna.  I really like him, and I am excited/(still a bit nervous) about the future.  This will be a great year!
Highest Weight: 290
Surgery Weight: 282
Goal Weight: 150

shoegal27
on 1/14/10 11:38 pm
Welcome and good luck.  I had lap band on 12/29/09 and wish I had done it sooner.  This is a life changing experience and the best is yet to come!!
LisaPeace
on 1/18/10 1:10 pm - Tulsa, OK
 How has your recovery been?  I've heard Dr. Soong is excellent.
Highest Weight: 290
Surgery Weight: 282
Goal Weight: 150

shoegal27
on 1/18/10 11:06 pm
Dr. Soong is great.  My recovery was very good.  Very little pain up and about within 2 days and went back to work after 10 days.

Our surgery dates will be a month apart, so I know you will have a very successful surgery!
barbccrn
on 1/20/10 4:24 am - Las Vegas, NV
Welcome to both of you. Hopefully we'll be seeing more activity on the Nevada Board. Sad but this Board can go for months without ever seeing a new post. Let's get the Nevada Board rocking,kids!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

QweenBee
on 1/21/10 2:57 am - Henderson, NV
Hello there and congratulations!! I too am waiting for my final surgery date and going thru Dr Hanna as well and I love him:)...I wish all the best for you!! I too have been waiting to make this decision for a long time and I am now convinced that this is what I NEED to do, not want anymore:)...Keep us posted on how you are doing..Looking forward to it:)...Good Luck!!
Most Active