Post WLS Skills Group

DrLindsey
on 9/7/09 9:01 am - Las Vegas, NV

Hi Everyone,

It's nice to see a little more action on the NV board!

I wanted to let you know that I will be starting a 10 week structured group designed to promote WLS success and overall quality of life. We are shooting for a start date of September 24th. As some of you know, I am a licensed clinical psychologist and have been doing research and clinical work with WLS clients for the past 10 years. All to often I've noticed that folks have surgery and are kind of left to fend for themselves and navigated the post op world. This group is designed to teach and practice research proven weight management and related skills specifically for thosee who have had weight loss surgery. This is quite different from a support group in that we have a set agenda each week, each member commits to being there for the full 10 weeks, and it is led by a psychologist and doctoral level psychology student - AND there is support from other patients and professionals.

Here are the goals of the group:

Goals of Group

Each member will be able to:

• Progress towards personal weight loss goals
  • Decrease emotional, compulsive and/or binge eating
  • Establish habit of regular, balanced and flexible eating
  • Enjoy eating without feeling anxious or guilty
  • Be able to better manage emotions
  • Enhance support systems and relationship quality
  • Improve body image and self-esteem
  • Manage stress more effectively
  • Increase overall quality of life

The group will only be open to 10 individuals. For more questions please feel free to reply to the post, or call my office.

Hope everyone is doing well,

Lindsey Ricciardi

Dr. Lindsey Ricciardi is a licensed clinical psychologist and member of OH's Mental Health Advisory Board. By posting, she makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein. This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any condition. No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind. No informational post can take the place of seeking professional help. If you need professional help, seek professional services or dial 911. For more info on Dr. Lindsey visit www.mindbodybariatrics.com.

~ Dana ~
on 9/7/09 10:06 am - Henderson, NV
Sounds exactly what I might be looking for....I had my surgery back in 2003 and gaining weight over the past year, I definitely need to get back on track.  I have recently started reading up on revisions.  I wanted to get more info on this 10 week program such as what time & days it will be held on and the cost?

Thanks

~ Dana ~

DrLindsey
on 9/8/09 2:18 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Dana,

Glad to see that you are interested and I really hope this can work out for you and help you to get back on track. Im excited to finally get this type of group going.  The group will be held on Thursdays from 4-5:30. The total cost for the entire 10 weeks is $300, whi*****ludes a 90 minute assessment prior to the group and all group materials. I'd be happy to talk to you more about it. Please just call my office and if I am not available leave your best contact info and I will get back to you.

Also, depending on your insurance and benefits, my office can provide invoices of payment for you to submit to insurance to see if they would cover any group behavioral health services. 

Take care,

Lindsey  

Dr. Lindsey Ricciardi is a licensed clinical psychologist and member of OH's Mental Health Advisory Board. By posting, she makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein. This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any condition. No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind. No informational post can take the place of seeking professional help. If you need professional help, seek professional services or dial 911. For more info on Dr. Lindsey visit www.mindbodybariatrics.com.

destinationsvelte
on 9/12/09 7:04 am
I'm interested in this as well, although I'm just over 6 months out, I can see bad habits wanting to slide back in and would like to prevent that.  I'm not sure whether I can work out the time of the session though.  How soon are you planning on starting?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtTjKJV/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wtTjKJV/blk-weight.png[/img]
[/url]
DrLindsey
on 9/16/09 2:03 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi there,

Six months out is a perfect start. Thats typically when people say things tend to get harder. As of now, we have postponed the start date because we only have 3 people signed up. I want to have at least 5-6 and plan to start as soon as possible. If you are able to work it out, that would be great. Please give our office a call at 363-6005.

Take care,

Lindsey

ginawins
on 9/27/09 10:07 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi I am very interested in this group?  Did it start yet?  480-3297  Gina  : )

welcome_to_the_weteos.jpg image by CCRHdirty_birdie_sm.gif picture by CCRHqueen_bee_gina_small.gif picture by CCRH

DrLindsey
on 10/2/09 7:34 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Gina,

The group did not start yet. I will have someone get in touch with you to schedule an assessment. Looking forward to seeing you!

Lindsey

Most Active