Where is everyone in Nevada??

Ahealthyme
on 9/3/09 12:07 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi!

I'm still fairly new to this website and agree that the Nevada board is EXTREMELY quiet. I'm usually on the Main board.  I'm still in the process of getting all my medical history together so it can be submitted to my insurance for approval.  I have attended Dr. Hanna's support group and found it very informative and the people there were quite nice. You might want to contact his office if you're interested in coming to his next meeting. His office is 702)508-0593. Located at 6140 S. Ft. Apache.  You may also want to go to the Walk from Obesity event, I'm sure you could get some information on support groups within the Vegas area. 

Hope this helps.   

-Valerie-

Walk from Obesity
http://walkfromobesity.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ieve nt=316430
~ Dana ~
on 9/3/09 8:54 am - Henderson, NV
Barb and I have already signed up for the Walk from Obesity as a team, I am sure she wouldn't mind if you or anyone else wanted to join our team.

Here is the link to her original post and our team name... Our team is "Town Square WETEOS"

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NV/3975127/Las-Vegas-Obesi ty-Walk/

You should join with us, it is alot of fun!

~ Dana ~

Ahealthyme
on 9/3/09 11:37 am - Las Vegas, NV

Hi!

I met Barb online a little over a week ago and we have talked/text several times. She's the one who talked me into doing the walk.  I don't know if I'll make it through a mile, but I'm going to do my best.  I may even bring one of my co-workers with me who had RNY several years ago when she lived in Reno. I didn't know the name of your team when I signed up for the Walk so I joined as an individual under my name Valerie.  I can't wait to meet you all in person!

amigo
on 9/4/09 8:09 am
I'm brand new to these fourms also. Talking with Dr. Umbach about a Sleeve. He hasn't done many so I'm concerned. Might go with the lap Band at Dr. Umbach's new Mexicali operation. Any comments on Dr. Umbach or the Gastric Sleeve in general? I'm going to check out this walk thing.

Amigo
queenyoyo
on 9/7/09 7:02 am
 Hi Amigo,

Please don't get the lap band if you have the choice to get the sleeve!!!!  Do more research!

I got the sleeve in April and I went to the best surgeon in the US who has done the most sleeves.

I didn't feel anyone in Vegas had done enough of them for my comfort level.

I went to Dr. Cirangle in San Francisco and couldn't be any happier!!!

Good Luck!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy46DD6/
Bob Stiehler
on 9/5/09 12:34 am - Wellington, NV
Hi Kelli J, I hope you're doing great after your surgery! Best wishes from a fellow Nevadan!
Bob Stiehler
Nevadan
on 9/17/09 1:47 pm - Reno, NV
I'm in Reno a year to do everything Western Bariatric tells me to!
I'm a full-time RVer, so I live where I want.  I have family in Reno, with parking for my RV.
Western Bariatric is an easy 8 mile commute, and that really helps my motivation.
I'd like to see more posts, too.  With hundreds of WLS folks around, I'd think a few more would post.
Anita
csulli21
on 9/22/09 2:32 am - greenwood, IN
Hi,

I have not been on this site for a while. But I was wondering if anyone is in the Las Vegas Summerlin area and wanted an exercise buddy. I had surgery about two years ago and need a buddy cause I kinda suck right now. Totally my fault and would love to find someone who wants a buddy to exercise with cause I hate doing it by myself and am a really good procrastinator. If anyone is interested shoot me a email @ [email protected] :)
Most Active