Support Group on NW Side

VegasAngel1958
on 5/12/09 3:34 pm
Does anyone know of a local support group that meets regularly (weekly or monthly) on or near the NW side of Las Vegas?  I'm having VSG on June 12th and I would really like to get involved in a local support group.

Thanks for any assistance!
MARY ANN M.
on 5/15/09 2:48 am - Las Vegas, NV
Didn't Dr. Tengs office tell you about their monthly support group, they hold it the last Monday of every month beginning at 7:00pm at Mountain View Hospital.  In the same room that you went to for the Seminar. It's a really great group. Dr. Teng runs it. This month it will be on the 18th due to the Memorial Day weekend.

Mary Ann

VegasAngel1958
on 5/16/09 2:48 am

Yes, he did mention it; however, since that seminar, I have found out that my insurance will not cover the cost of any WLS; therefore, I am going to be a self-pay and I can't afford Dr. Teng's price.  So I am going to Dr. Aceves in Mexicali.

I didn't know if I would be welcomed to attend Dr. Teng's support group since he won't be doing my surgery.  If I can, I would LOVE to attend the meetings.

Do you know if that would be allowed?

MARY ANN M.
on 5/16/09 3:05 am - Las Vegas, NV

I don't know, but you could call the office and ask.

Mary Ann

MARY ANN M.
on 5/20/09 12:58 pm - Las Vegas, NV
 I asked around and everyone I spoke to said that no one will touch you after you've had the surgery in Mexico.  Have you arranged for a Dr. to F/U with you here?  Maybe they have a support group.

Mary Ann

VegasAngel1958
on 5/20/09 1:41 pm

Well how stupid is that ... OH WELL.  I won't let that deter me.  And yes, I have a doctor to follow-up with - he was all for it and actually encouraged me  Thanks for the head's up.

barbccrn
on 5/16/09 6:40 am - Las Vegas, NV
Just call the office and ask Tina if you can attend the group. I know that Dr. Hanna's patients come to our group from time to time.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Most Active