having a tough time

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/08 8:56 am - Las vegas, NV
This is my 8th week out and I am having a tough time. I still can't eat any solids, mostly I have soup and greek yogurt. I am nauseous all the time, which really sucks. My energy is low and I  feel weak. I also have severe back pain, which I did not have before. I called the dr's office and spoke to Dr. Atkinson and he states I either have stenosis or an ulcer, so I may need an endoscopy. Now  I am just starting an ulcer medicine. I feel very alone with all this so thanks for listening!!

Jenny
mixedgirl33
on 12/27/08 6:41 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hey Jenny,

You're definately not alone, we're all here for you.  I'm sorry it's been so long since anyone responded to your thread...assuming it's the holidays that's keeping everyone away.  At 8 weeks, I was like you...the closest thing to solids that I was eating was runny mashed potatoes and some string cheese.  What have you been trying to eat?  Everyone is different, but if your doctor is concerned, you should definately follow his advice and get a scope to see what's going on down there!  Have you tried any liquid meal supplements?  I know nothing sounds good, but you still need to keep some sort of nutrition comming into your body from time to time. The vitamins won't work without it.  I hope that you are able to get something down soon, I know how sucky this time can be...the only thing i vividly remember from my 11 weeks without food is those damn hidden valley ranch commercials, I swear they were on 3,000 times per day on every channel, taunting me!

Olivia Maylee Crofts - April 24th, 2008 7:20pm - 8 pounds 13.5 ounces
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/08 2:13 am - Las vegas, NV
Hi-

Thanks so much for your reply. I rarely post here. It is good to know someone else went through this. I have tried a variety of protein foods- eggs, eggbeaters, chicken, ground hamburg, turkey, fish, etc and everything gives me pain, so I don't try anymore. I can't stand the taste of the protein shakes, I have tried different kinds, and I can't taste much, my tastebuds changed. So I have been sticking to soup and greek yogurt. I am calling my doctor again this week to see about an endoscopy. By, the way, you are absolutely beautiful and so is your baby!!

Jenny
mixedgirl33
on 1/2/09 9:40 pm - Las Vegas, NV
So what's the word with the doc?  What did he say?  Have you been able to eat anything else?

As for the baby, thank you!  It's so funny, she's just starting to really eat now and it takes me back to my days of having to eat mushed up overcooked veggies and soft food!

Olivia Maylee Crofts - April 24th, 2008 7:20pm - 8 pounds 13.5 ounces
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/09 11:40 pm - Las vegas, NV
Well, the doc thinks that I have an ulcer or a stenosis. I am on ulcer medicine and I am having an endocscopy next week. I still can't eat anything solid, even something soft like an egg. The medicine has helped my nausea, so that is good. Thanks for asking!
barbccrn
on 12/28/08 2:45 am - Las Vegas, NV
Jenny...follow up with Dr. Atkinson first thing Monday morning. You definitely need a work up to see whats wrong. PM me anytime.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/09 11:42 pm - Las vegas, NV
Thanks Barb. I am having an endoscopy next week to see what is going on. I am also on ulcer medicine. I had some abnormal labs from my internist so I had an abdominal ultrasound yesterday and I am having more bloodwork. It is one thing and another!
Most Active