My Progress with diet and back problems

Dianne V.
on 11/24/08 1:50 pm

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since I posted.  I had the MRI the diagnosis was a shock... spinal stenosis, bulging discs and arthritis!!!  I was expecting to hear that I had pulled a muscle!!!

I will be having "trigger injections" in my muscles this Weds. if my ins. company approves it.  Then next week I will have to have an epidural in my lower spine.  I  will be sedated and the needle will be guided by x-ray.  I'm scared.  Has anyone had this procedure that can assure me it works?

I'm feeling better as long as I don't let the meds wear off.  The doctor says that doesn't mean I'm better because the drugs just mask the symptoms.

I started the ins required food replacement diet on Sat 11/22.  the program is through UNR here in Reno.  The food actually tastes quite good.  I'm having trouble getting in all the required food and shakes.  This is a real surprise for me and encouraging.  I thought it was going to be a starvation type diet (based on previous weight loss programs I tried).

Well, hopefully the injections will work and we'll be able to travel to Mammoth to see my daughter and family for the Thanksgiving week-end.  I'm looking forward to it.  Well take my meals with me.  I can still have the traditional yams and potatoes, they're on the program.  I will just eat my own entree.  I would like to hear from people that have been on this program for recipe ideas and tips.  Anyone out there have to go through the UNR program.

I'm thinking about the possibility that this program will really work and I won't have to have my intestines rearranged.  Any thoughts on that???
Katlyn49
on 12/3/08 7:53 am - Reno, NV
HI,
Sorry to hear about your back problems.  I had fusion surgery in 2004 and was back at work in 1 1/2 weeks. I went thru the trigger shots, the epiderals the whole gamet.  They finally did what was called a disco gram (no not a dance heehee) They found out I had a leaking dics and surgery would be th eway to improve it.  I want to give youthe name of an excellent doctor who did my surgery. His name is Dr. Halki and he is with Reno Ortho. 
Doing the needle that is guided by xray is different. It did not last very long but some people it does.  I truly hope all goes well for you.

Take Care Kat >^..^<
Dianne V.
on 12/3/08 10:25 am
Thanks for the reference, Kat.  I hope I don't' need it.  I just posted my day to my blog if you want to read it.

Dianne
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Phil. 4:13

I'm learning to love myself and take better care of me.
Most Active