Tricare, Plastic Surgery & Dr. Earl... the saga begins.

Crazy_Sally
on 11/17/08 5:06 am, edited 11/17/08 5:07 am - NV
The good news is that Tricare has 2 plastic surgeons in the Vegas area.  I am fortunate enough to go see Dr. Cameron Earl.  (www.earlplasticsurgery.com.)  His Office Manager answered on the 2nd ring, and I had my 1st appointment with him within 10 days of my referral.

Upon reaching his office, I found that it was very clean and modern.  His office assistant handed me paperwork and offered me a bottled water (which was much appreciated.)  I didn't wait long to see Dr. Earl, who came out to greet me himself.  He is on the younger side, kind and gentle, with a very positive demeanor.  He took me to his office for a meet and greet.

He did his plastic surgery internship at THE MAYO CLINIC, and upon graduation, decided to stay on and TEACH.  {{Now that is the kind of plastic surgeon that I want working on me!}} 

After taking my measurements, it was determined that I just don't have very much breast tissue left.  My largest was a 44F, and right now I am a 34 D and DD (depending on which breast you are measuring.)  lol  He said that because of the lack of breast tissue, I will be an A, maybe B when I get my breast lift.  And I won't have any shape.

So I am in the process of begging my insurance company to pay for an augmentation as well.  I am crossing everything that this will happen for me.

My bypass process was long, hard, and devistating at times.  I **NEED** this to go easier.

PS ~ I am trying to have a tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation.
offie2808
on 11/17/08 1:48 pm - las vegas, NV
I'm really curious about how much it costs? If you don't mind my asking did you know that we have one on base as well. I'm still really early in my journry I had my bypass on Oct 16. His training sounds really impressive! Good Luck! 
Crazy_Sally
on 11/17/08 2:02 pm - NV
I don't mind you asking at all.  :)  I am aware that there is a plastic surgeon on Nellis, however, I am not eligible to be seen on base because my husband is active duty ARMY, currently stationed @ Fort Irwin, CA. 

The tummy tuck and breast lift should be 100% covered by Tricare.  The augmentation I am **trying** to get Tricare to cover as well.  But if they absolutely refuse, I am looking @ $3500 - $5000.

Congrats on being a loser!  Is there a support group available on post?  I am looking for a group to join.

barbccrn
on 11/19/08 4:54 am - Las Vegas, NV
Did you try calling Dr. Teng's office to see if you can attend his support meetings? There's one next Monday at 7pm at Mountain View Hosp. and I plan on going.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Crazy_Sally
on 11/19/08 5:21 am - NV
No, I have not called his office.  I just Googled Mountain View Hospital and it is on the other side of Earth for me.    I don't see me making it out there.  I can't wait to meet you though, Barb!

I did, however, receive notification from Tricare that my request for all three surgeries has been received (TT, Breast Lift, Augmentation) and is currently PENDING REVIEW.

Cross your fingers, toes, eyes, legs... and whatever else you can find that I get an APPROVED back for all 3...
gymchic
on 12/3/08 5:11 am
Hi everyone...My name is Michelle Smith, I am a medical assistant that works with Dr. Lindsey Ricciardi. Many people don't know that we have support groups in our office weekly. The groups are run by Dr. Lindsey. She has quite a bit of experience in WLS support groups. She started many years ago with the Surgical Weight Control center developing their support groups, and also developed a surgical support group at the University of Chicago. She probably has more experience in weight loss srugery than any other psychologist in the state. Give us a call if you want to learn more. 702-363-6005...or check out our web site at www.CHSLV.com

Thanks,

Michelle
Crazy_Sally
on 11/30/08 12:24 am - NV
So, I received notification from Tricare that my authorization and referral status had changed.  I log in, and in fact, it has gone from PENDING REVIEW to ANC.  What does that mean?  Of course, my tummy gets all jittery and I try calling customer service... which isn't open until tomorrow.

Waiting is agony.  Anyone else with Tricare ever get a "ANC" answer.  What does it mean?  I tried Google-ing it... only to come up blank.  Any help would be appreciated!
Crazy_Sally
on 12/2/08 7:29 am - NV
UPDATE! 

So, I received notification over the weekend that my Authorization/Referral status with Tricare had changed. I logged in, and found that my status had changed from PENDING REVIEW to ANC.  What did that mean?  I did a Google search, and came up blank.  And  OF COURSE, Customer Service was closed until 0800 yesterday morning.

So at 0803 I called them and found out.  It means Authorization Not Certified.

Tricare sent notice to Dr. Earl's office that they needed additional information in order to process my claim. (We knew that ~ I got a copy of the letter last week.) Tricare is stating that they never received the additional information they requested, therefore, Dr. Earl's office must resubmit the entire packet. (Which means we start the process all over again.)

So, I am DENIED.  We start again...  

Most Active