Dr. Atkinson and Cigna- sharing my experience so far

-Mari-
on 10/2/08 10:46 am
They give us blood thinner pre-op. I did ask. He said I wont need it after unless I have had problems recently. At least you wont have to have fills. We may for a year, (or longer).They did tell me yesterday that the other office handles things differently. (you think???)
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
jennaflirt
on 10/2/08 2:18 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I take a low dose aspirin everyday. Which I was told to stop 14 days before.  So hopefully I will be good.  I'll talk to you after you feel better.

Highest/Current/Goal
263/118/138

was size 22
now size 4

jennaflirt
on 10/6/08 9:52 am - Las Vegas, NV
Well it took 2 weeks for my approval.  Then I get a call telling me I can move my date from Nov 3rd to this Wednesday.  Are they crazy??? I know we all say I wish I could do it as soon as yesterday but do we really mean that?  So now I think I will bump it up to Next Monday but 2 days away is too soon. 

Highest/Current/Goal
263/118/138

was size 22
now size 4

offie2808
on 10/6/08 2:55 pm - las vegas, NV
Hi! I have never posted before but I have the same Doc too! My surgery is next Thursday! It all seems so unreal! good  luck to ya'll
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/08 12:57 pm - Las vegas, NV
Hi everyone-

I  am new to this board and this is my first post. I also have Dr. Atkinson and have not yet met him. I just met his PA Melissa for my consultation a couple of weeks ago. I just am waiting for the insurance approval and surgery date. I have Aetna. I am also having the gastric bypass. Has anyone else had this through this office? I have found that you need to keep on top of things with his office staff. I am always calling and leaving messages and calling back when I can. I have been working toward the surgery for a long time, starting when i switched insurances last year. I find that in order to get things done, you need to keep following up. I know it will be worth it.
jennaflirt
on 10/17/08 7:53 am - Las Vegas, NV
I had surgery with Dr. Atkinson on Monday 10-13.  You won't meet him until surgery.  I submitted all my paperwork and they called me in for a surgery date.  I came in for a consult got my date and waited.  THEN 11 days later they called with my approval and moved my surgery date from Nov 3rd to OCt. 8.  I decided to wait a couple days and go in on Oct. 13.  I went in at 9am.  I had surgery at 1130am.  I was out of recovery by 230pm.  The first day was the worse day ever.  I was miserable.  The pain was insane but they give you a pump as well as liquid lortab.  Day 2 not so bad.  I had a bite of jello (too sweet) and 4 pitchers of ice chips.  For lunch I had a bite of chicken broth and a bite of some grape jelly stuff.  I kept it down and I was good.  I walked the halls all day on day 2 and left at 330pm that day.  Since I have been home day 4 was the worse.  I have kept everything down, chicken noodle soup, protein drinks.  Everything is too sweet.  Powerade zero is my new friend.  I dread trying to tke my pills.  My incisions hurt and are groos but are healing nicely.  No weight loss still trying to get rid of the fluids and swelling.  Can't wait to try new foods. I am keeping down 4 oz of drinks and soup.  I tire very easily.  I walked alot yesterday.  But paid the price with exhaustion.  Dr Atkinson is amazing and his staff knows there stuff.  I know it is hard to sit and wait but you have no choice.  They will get it done.  Good Luck

Highest/Current/Goal
263/118/138

was size 22
now size 4

Most Active