Dr. Atkinson and Cigna- sharing my experience so far

-Mari-
on 9/30/08 10:21 am
When I started this, there was only the $100 admin fee, I guess they've changed it. Bad communication.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
lisas_gonna_do_it
on 9/30/08 3:51 pm
Hello all. I am scheduled for lap band with Dr. Soong on Oct 30th. I have also thought the cattle thing. I have been in the office 3x now and it was very odd. I know they are good Drs. but I think the initial consultation could be done by them and not a P.A. It did not reassure me and I am nervous. I said that to the girls in the office and they said I could set an appt with dr soong on a monday if I like. I'm thinking I just might do that. I guess there are just so many of us waiting that it is easier to get us all through if their staff deals with us on that end. I received a packet in the mail with my copays and fees so I hope there are no surprises. I just need to call Maria at North Vista and find our it I have a pay to them as well because hospital is not included in physicians out of pocket quote. My biggest worry financially right now is having issues with my adjustments and being charged when I was told at seminar it was covered for first year after surgery. Last time I was in there was a patient who was having 3rd fill and was told she owed $900. I don't know if I would worry too much about the cigna thing. I have United and they told me the exact same things about my insurance. I wish you ladies well and maybe you should sponsor each other!
-Mari-
on 10/2/08 9:36 am, edited 10/2/08 10:46 am
Only my first 3 months of fills are covered and I think they said they will be $175 after. But I can still have my insurance pay for it, i just have to get a authorization for it.  Personally I think all fills should be included in the surgery price. Good luck. (I PM'd you)
lisas_gonna_do_it
on 10/2/08 10:12 am
Yeh in the seminar and I asked at the office I was told they would be covered for the first year so I wonder what that is about. HMM? A friend of mine went to the office for her psyche eval and was pissed to pay the $150 and only be with the doctor for 15 minutes. When she called the office to discuss feeling overcharged they were rude to her. She is now going to another Dr and trying to get me to rethink continueing with them. I have heard alot of good things about their skills and am already scheduled so think I will stick with it. It just concerns me. How do you feel about it? Have you had an actual visit with Dr. Soong? I scheduled an appt to meet him and they were just fine about it so I don't know.
lisas_gonna_do_it
on 10/3/08 1:01 am
Good Luck today Mari. I just noticed today was your date. Let us know how it goes!
-Mari-
on 10/4/08 6:32 am
Everything went great! Thanks for asking!
lisas_gonna_do_it
on 10/4/08 3:02 pm
Wow. Wasn't expecting to hear from you until maybe tomorrow. So give us some insight to what it was like. How is the pain afterwards?
-Mari-
on 10/5/08 5:23 am
Not much pain, maybe a 4 on a scale of 1-10. Gets better every day. It went fine.
lisas_gonna_do_it
on 10/6/08 12:56 am
Hey Mari. So glad to hear the pain scale is low. Today I go meet dr. soong in the office. I schedule a visit because I wanted to meet him before surgery. Do you get hungry at all? How is the liquid diet? I want details..lol
jennaflirt
on 10/2/08 10:28 am - Las Vegas, NV
I say do whatever makes you feel comfortable.  So make that appt. with Dr. Soong.  I se you too are having the band so I know there is a bit of difference in how we are all handled.  When I had my consult with the PA I was given paperwork that showed all detail and yes we have 3 months of follow up in the price and each after there is a charge.  I called the hospital today and was told I had to pay them $525.  Not too bad.  Better than expected.  I think our individual insurance may play a part as well.  Did either one of you discuss blood clots with the PA?  I need to remember to do that at my pre-op.  Good Luck to you both. 

Highest/Current/Goal
263/118/138

was size 22
now size 4

Most Active