Las Vegas Obesity Walk Info

barbccrn
on 8/14/08 2:00 pm, edited 8/14/08 2:01 pm - Las Vegas, NV

Calling all Las Vegas people. Let's get together and do this!!! Here is the info on the walk.

WALK FROM OBESITY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: Saturday Sept. 27,2008

Registration begins at 7 AM

Walk(1 mile) begins at 8 AM

Location: The Bruce Trent Park (Corner of Vegas Drive and Rampart Blvd)

Go to the following website:http://www.walkfromobesity.com/

Dr. Teng's office is organizing the walk. I e mailed Tina. She said please don't register on line.(she said the National Organization is sometimes slow in getting info to her). So...download the printable registration form and print it out. The registration fee is $25...that covers cost of shirt(which Tina is ordering). There will also be some vendors at the walk...yay!!! Freebies.

I'm going to download the form at work on Sunday(yea...printer issues at home) and try to get over to Dr. Teng's office this week to drop it off and get the ball rolling. If anyone has any questions...feel free to message me or call Dr. Teng's office. Let's show that Vegas Spirit!!!!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

ginawins
on 8/16/08 3:55 pm - Las Vegas, NV
You look truely amazing and are an amazing person too.  Mucho love.  Gina  : )

welcome_to_the_weteos.jpg image by CCRHdirty_birdie_sm.gif picture by CCRHqueen_bee_gina_small.gif picture by CCRH

barbccrn
on 8/16/08 5:49 pm - Las Vegas, NV
You know...I think about this often. RNY has given me a chance to meet some very awesome people who I hope to stay friends with for a long time. Our paths wouldn't have crossed if we didn't have WLS in common. Yet one more reason to LOVE MY RNY!!!!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

~ Dana ~
on 8/18/08 6:39 am, edited 8/18/08 6:41 am - Henderson, NV
I just signed up today.....
Genisis
on 8/18/08 3:02 pm - NV
Sounds like it could be fun. I'll have to see if I can make it. I would love to meet some fellow "losers" in the area.

barbccrn
on 8/18/08 10:15 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hey Genisis... I pm'd you. Would love for you to sign up and be part of our team. Our team name is Town Square Groupies!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Vegas_ T.
on 9/10/08 4:48 am - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/03/03 with
I just heard about this from Dana.  I am signing up as well and I look forward to meeting all you ladies there!

IMG_4593-1.jpg image by taralynn21475          IMG_8653-1.jpg image by taralynn21475     

barbccrn
on 9/10/08 7:07 am - Las Vegas, NV
Good for you Tara!! Yay!!! We get to meet another Vegas LOSER!!!!!   LOL!!!!  It'll be fun...I'm looking forward to it.. Feel free to sign up on our team...the Town Square Groupies. See everyone on the 27th...BRIGHT AND EARLY!!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

~ Dana ~
on 9/23/08 10:35 pm - Henderson, NV
The walk is Saturday, YAY ...I am excited!!!

Are we going to have a meeting time and spot?  My friend Tina from Cali joined our group and was wondering the details of a meeting spot.

This will be alot of fun.....
~ Dana ~
on 9/25/08 9:57 pm - Henderson, NV
YAY.... Tara and Erin....I see that you joined the walk!!!

Just in case Barb didnt already send you a PM (or anyone else who wants to join us tomorrow)  we are meeting at 7 am at the registration area at the park.

This will be alot of fun, I am excited!!!  
Most Active