Northern Nevada clothing opportunity

TrixieNV
on 6/22/08 3:20 am - NV
I have a ton of size 24-26, 3x, career, casual, and formal wear that I am ready to let go.  There are dresses, suits, slacks, skirts, well, I guess just about everything.  I work in a bank so if you have a job that requires that type of clothing, I would be happy to let you have them.  I live in Carson City, so if you are interested email me at [email protected] and I will make arrangements with you.  I am just too lazy to have a yard sale!
Norma S.
on 6/29/08 10:03 am - Sparks, NV
Hi Trixie I had RNY in Jan 2005 with Dr Ganser. I wish you the best of luck on this life changing journey. Do you go to any of the support groups sponsered by WBI? Take care Norma
TrixieNV
on 6/30/08 12:26 am - NV
HI Norma, I go to the Carson group regularly, but I also went to one in Reno this last month at South Meadows.  Have you been happy with the results of your surgery?  I know the lap band is slower, but with the preop diet I am down almost 40 lbs and I am happy with the progress. Teresa
Norma S.
on 6/30/08 10:49 am - Sparks, NV
I am sorry, I just saw that your name is Teresa. :) Norma
Norma S.
on 6/30/08 10:47 am - Sparks, NV
Trixie Thats wonderful. I usually go to both the Carson City and Reno support groups. The next one in Reno is 7/7, maybe I will see you there. I help facilitate that night. RNY saved my life. I went from 325# preop and I am now a very healthy 117# I am thankful every day for RNY and Dr Ganser. It is a wonderful tool. Norma 
TrixieNV
on 6/30/08 11:05 am - NV
I was thinking possibly I remember you from a Carson meeting.  Do you usually sit with Joni?   I am so happy to hear that the surgery was the answer for you.  I am happy with the band so far, but there is a lot of work ahead.  I don't have a story about all the meds I was able to stop taking, like so many people in our group, but I look to use this as a tool to break an almost 50 year relationship with morbid obesity.  I am ready to put it behind me!
Norma S.
on 7/1/08 7:56 am - Sparks, NV
Yes, I believe at the last Carson City group I was sitting next to Joni. I am glad the band is working for you, they had just started to use it when I had my surgery in Jan 2005. I was diabetic and my Drs wanted me to do RNY because of that. I agree it is a wonderful tool and both take lots of work. I feel I have been given a wonderful  and healthy future. Take Care Norma
Proud Military Mom
on 7/13/08 9:58 am - Reno, NV

You might want to check out Ebay... plus sized clothes in good condition go fast and for alot you might make enough money to buy NEW SMALLER CLOTHES!!!

Debby

If you can't stand behind the troops... stand in front of them... PLEASE!

TrixieNV
on 7/14/08 6:02 am - NV

HI Debby,

I actually buy tons of stuff on eBay, but never wanted to get on there as a seller.  Like I said, I am lazy!  But also really busy.  Right now I am not having to buy a lot of clothes because I already had clothes that are 20's that I haven't been able to wear.  I am sure some will understand hanging on to your clothes with the dream of wearing them again someday, lol.  But the next 20 pounds will definitely mean I need new ones.  Luckily I do know how to sew and have been able to do some simple alterations myself, but I took one of my "banker" suits in to be altered, and it cost me $85!  That's what made me decide to just pass them on to someone else who can use them.  I know what a struggle I always have with finding suits to wear for work.  We have a consignment shop here, but she says suits don't sell well, so what are you gonna do?

bobbeeslady
on 7/13/08 3:18 pm - Lincoln, NH

I just got on the board and saw your post. I would be glad to pay the postage if you have any clothes left.

BlueBird_ANI.gifLesli_NameTag.jpg  
   see you soon on the other side                      

Most Active