OT: MOVING TO NEVADA

DENA H.
on 5/30/08 3:41 pm - IRVINE, CA
HI THERE, I NEED SOME HELP. I AM RELOCATING TO NEVADA BUT NOT QUITE SURE WHAT PART, MEANING LAS VEGAS ( NORTHWEST, SOUTHWEST), OR HENDERSON AREA. I AM GOING THERE SOMETIME IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS TO LOOK AROUND. I AM LOOKING FOR SOME OPINIONS ON WHERE TO LIVE. I HAVE A CHILD GOING INTO JUNIOR HIGH AND HIGH SCHOOL. I MAY HAVE TO RENT FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS TILL WE CAN GET INTO A HOUSE, SO I WANT TO RENT WHERE I PLAN ON BUYING. COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION. I AM GOING TO NEED TO FIND A NEW DOCTOR AS WELL, SO IF YOU HAVE ANY OPINION ABOUT THAT I'LL TAKE IT AS WELL. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING A WHOLE NEW GROUP OF PEOPLE. THANKS IN ADVANCE. DENA
ginawins
on 6/2/08 2:45 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Dena, I lived right by Irvine many years ago in Lake Forest.  Coming from that quality your best bet is going to be Summerlin, Anthem or Mountains Edge.  Those are all really nice communities.  Summerlin is South and North West, Anthem is Southeast and Mountains Edge is Southwest.  Take a drive around in the day and night of different neighborhoods to get the best idea.  I live just a wee bit north of Rhodes Ranch which is very nice but... we have some section 8 that somehow got built after we spent a lot of money on our homes and it does bring a bit of riff raff by some unattended teenagers.  Otherwise though we have wonderful families and it is a very beautiful community.  PM me if you would like my number.  Many of us here in LV from OH get together from time to time and we would love you to join us.  In fact, I am having everyone over to my home for swimming and brunch this Saturday.  TTYL   Gina

welcome_to_the_weteos.jpg image by CCRHdirty_birdie_sm.gif picture by CCRHqueen_bee_gina_small.gif picture by CCRH

Shadoe Gray
on 6/10/08 4:49 am - Torrance, CA
Hello People, I am on the list of relocatees to Vegas!  I spend so much time there anyway, so I'm opening Vegas branches of my LA businesses and relocating on September 1st.  I will be out there from June 12-20 for a business expo and to look at homes too. (I chose Summerlin!)  So whats this about a get together? I'd love to make some new friends!!!!! I'm Shadoe, nice to meet y'all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Highest Weight: 350 Lbs Size 28
At Surgery:  308 Lbs
Goal: 150 Lbs
Current at 5 YEAR Anniversary: 134 Lbs Size 2/4

~ Dana ~
on 6/10/08 10:11 am - Henderson, NV
Hi Shadoe,      There are a few of us that get together every now and then, so definitely keep in touch!  I would love to make a new friend....let me know if you ever want to get together! Dana
~ Dana ~
on 6/2/08 10:31 pm - Henderson, NV
Hi Dena, I am in the Henderson area and I love it....depending on what your price range is there are some really nice areas in Henderson and I have a few friends that live in the Summerlin area which is really nice.  I have two daughters, one in HS and one in College in the Henderson area.   A bunch of us are hanging out at Ginas Saturday which will be alot of fun, we do various get togethers or walks as a group, such as the walk from obesity that is coming up in Sept.  I am not sure about the Dr's in the area because I had my surgery in Los Angeles and since I have had no complications I havent had a need for one but I have heard they dont like to see patients from other Dr's.  Let me know if you need anything else, when you come into town you should let us know ahead of time and we can get together! Good luck on your search... Dana
barbccrn
on 6/3/08 2:46 pm - Las Vegas, NV
YAY!!!!! Another gal moving to Vegas. I live close to Anthem. Awesome part of town. There are quite a few rental homes in my area. Its a very quiet area. I live very close to Liberty HS. PM me if you need any info. We're a helpful bunch. Looking forward to meeting everyone at Gina's

PhotobucketPhotobucket

DrLindsey
on 6/4/08 8:00 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Dena! Welcome to Southern Nevada! I would agree with the previous posts that Henderson area (particularly around Green Valley Ranch or Horizon Ridge or Anthem) is a nice area to live. I used to live in Henderson around Gibson/Horizon and I miss it very much. I am in Mountains Edge and I do like it but it is such a new area so there is always new construction. Here in Vegas they build houses before they build roads and so it can get congested just to go a few miles. It is also not very green yet because everything is so new and all of the trees are the size of Charlie Brown christmas trees, but that will come. From what I hear, Rhodes Ranch is nice and gated and has nice community ammenities available. And I have never lived in Summerlin but know many people who live there and are quite happy with it. I would recommend that wherever you go (apartment/home) to look for a place with a nice community center/pool. That is always nice to have here especially with teens. Also check safety ratings on line because someplaces are a bit spotty with crime (e.g., some places are safer than others in henderson). And lastly, I also would take a few minutes to look at on-line sights for where registered sex offenders live. That might sound like a bit much but sometimes there is a big cluster of dots in one location and with kids, you definitely want that information before you move somewhere. Best of luck to you and your family during this move. Also, you asked about doctors - I am a bit biased but my husband is an internist and a great one. He also specializes in bariatric medicine.  Welcome, Lindsey

Dr. Lindsey Ricciardi is a licensed clinical psychologist and member of OH's Mental Health Advisory Board. By posting, she makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein. This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any condition. No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind. No informational post can take the place of seeking professional help. If you need professional help, seek professional services or dial 911. For more info on Dr. Lindsey visit www.mindbodybariatrics.com.

erinp
on 6/15/08 11:06 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I just relocated last week.  Would love to meet some new friends as well.  Please keep me posted on any get togethers... Erin
Erin 

Most Active