VSG in vegas???

vegasmommy314
on 3/28/08 1:52 am - Las Vegas, NV
VSG on 05/16/08 with
Does anyone know a surgeon in Vegas that does the VSG??? I have not found one so far.
DrLindsey
on 3/28/08 1:39 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi.  You may want to check into Dr. Jim Lau. He was recently appointed Chief of Bariatric Surgery at UMC. I know he does band and bypass and  I am not sure if he does VSG but a University Medical Center may be your best chance. I would also call the other places in town if you haven't already. They may not advertise that they do the sleeve but be able to do it. I know that is how it was when I worked at the University of Chicago. They did the band, RNY, and the duodenal switch, however, they would occasionally do a sleeve for someone as a staged procedure where they start with the sleeve and after they had lost a significant amount of weight they  would perform an RNY or DS. Good luck to you! http://www.umcsn.com/media/article.asp?ArticleID=463

Dr. Lindsey Ricciardi is a licensed clinical psychologist and member of OH's Mental Health Advisory Board. By posting, she makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein. This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any condition. No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind. No informational post can take the place of seeking professional help. If you need professional help, seek professional services or dial 911. For more info on Dr. Lindsey visit www.mindbodybariatrics.com.

barbccrn
on 3/29/08 1:33 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I met a local here and she's thinking about the VSG. Having some insurance roadblocks but it sounds like she may go out of state to OK. to get hers done.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

rachelmarie3
on 5/3/08 7:21 am - Las vegas, NV
Dr Lau does do the VSG, in fact, I might have had that instead of RNY if my insurance covered it. He is an extremely awesome Dr and his nurse, Robyn, is amazingly nice and helpful (she had RNY). Monday is 2 weeks post-op for me.
Most Active