Moving to Vegas

DrLindsey
on 2/27/08 3:33 am - Las Vegas, NV
We have a Lap-Band support group in Southwest Las Vegas that I facilitate (I am a psychologist and  specialize in WLS) that we are trying to get off the ground. It has been slow but is progressing. My husband and business partner, Dominic Ricciardi, is a bariatric physician/internist and a FillCenters USA provider. He provides aftercare for folks who have had a band placed out of the state or out of country and have moved to NV. It is unfortunate, but local surgeons will typically not  allow patients who they have not operated on to attend their groups for liability  reasons. Right now, we have a Lap-Band support group that is open to the public but I am realizing that there is a major need for an RNY support group as well. I may combine the groups but I have found in the past that there are a lot of distinct issues with the different surgeries and so I prefer ideally to have two separate groups. We do charge a small fee for attendance ($5 for full time students,$20 for everyone else). If we were to set up a RNY group for the public would there be an  interest?

Dr. Lindsey Ricciardi is a licensed clinical psychologist and member of OH's Mental Health Advisory Board. By posting, she makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein. This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any condition. No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind. No informational post can take the place of seeking professional help. If you need professional help, seek professional services or dial 911. For more info on Dr. Lindsey visit www.mindbodybariatrics.com.

~ Dana ~
on 2/28/08 11:00 am - Henderson, NV
I would be interested for an RNY support group.
Vegas_ T.
on 3/6/08 8:57 am - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/03/03 with
I would be very interested in a support group as well!

IMG_4593-1.jpg image by taralynn21475          IMG_8653-1.jpg image by taralynn21475     

Most Active