Moving to Vegas

Miko365
on 2/13/08 4:31 am - Oxnard, CA
My family and I are planning to move to Vegas by the endo f the year. Any info on good support groups out there?
~ Dana ~
on 2/13/08 9:23 am - Henderson, NV
Good question cause I would like to know also.  As far as I know there are none that are open to the public, all the ones that I heard of are for patients of the Drs here in Vegas.  My surgeon is out of Los Angeles so I have no one here also for support.
pmslvnv
on 2/13/08 10:23 pm
The place that did my surgery has a support system weekly but I think the idea of getting a group of people together who are either "newies" or "oldies" would be great. I know the lady who I had surgery with would definitely do it and I could ask my doctors office is they'd let me put up a flyer. Now that the weather's nice we could even meet at a park or depending on how many people respond a room at a restaurant! What are your thoughts?
Peggy
~ Dana ~
on 2/17/08 10:19 pm - Henderson, NV
If anything gets put together I would love to join in, let me know!
pmslvnv
on 2/13/08 10:23 pm
Genisis
on 2/18/08 1:33 pm - NV
I've heard rumors that there will be a new support group starting sometime this summer.  It will be based out of St. Rose Hospital (not sure which campus), but it will be open to everyone.  When I get more info, I will be sure to post it here. For anyone who had surgery out of town, I would suggest calling some of the local surgeons and explaining your situation and just asking if you can attend their group session.  You never know, they might just agree!

MamaMichelleLV
on 2/22/08 5:17 pm - Henderson, NV
I am in Henderson and will be getting a lap band in 7 days and I am sure I will need some support and a weekly or monthly group meeting sounds great!

~ Dana ~
on 2/23/08 11:48 am - Henderson, NV

Michelle,  Just wanted to wish you a successful surgery! Dana

Elizabeth49
on 2/23/08 1:37 am - LasVegas/Henderson, NV
It would be nice to have a support group in Henderson I never make it to the otherones the Dr.s office is to far for me to drive to
Miko365
on 2/24/08 11:16 pm - Oxnard, CA
Thanks for all your input guys, keep me posted.
Most Active