Newby Alert

Amanda G.
on 11/28/07 9:08 am - Eagle Mountain, UT
DS on 04/14/17
Good idea.  It's only 7 after 5 so I am off to make a phone call! 
vegasgyrl
on 12/4/07 2:20 pm - Las Vegas, NV
ok I thought I was the only one that had problems with the SWCC.  Question though?  If you ask your PCP for a copy of your chart thus far, will he give that to you?  Is he bound by law to give it to you?  I am curious because I am entering my 4th month of the 6 month diet and am really anxious and concerned about what is being put in my file, I dont want to get to month 6 and find out that something wasnt entered in right and have to start all over again.  Thanks for any help.  Oh and is Dr. Fisher retired?

278/170/145
Surgery/Current/Goal

5 feet tall and gorgeous at any weight!!!!

GigglyMarie
on 12/4/07 3:41 pm - Henderson, NV
SWCC is difficult about retuning calls, you have to be persistant. Well worth the hassle. They are amazing with after care! I thought after the surgery I would be worthless. But the phone tag was really difficult until I had all my consult. Then it eased up. They seemed to be waiting for someone else in the chain. Once my insurance was approved, they were right on top of things. Even now (10 months out), they are reasonably prompt about returning my calls. Your doctors' office has to give you a copy of you records if you request it. They may charge you a fee (per page). Is your doctor supporting you need to have the surgery?  I wouldn't burn bridges with my PCP, if you want to ask "so you can have documentation of your progress", it seems nicer than "I don't trust you".  It does seem like a smart choice to be aware of what they are putting in your file. It would be horrible to be counting on the supervised diet, just to find out it isn't supportive for WLS. Plus, I've read other people post about their doctor's supervised diet logs not being as detailed as their insurance required. Way to go for being proactive! Dr. Fisher has retired.  We now have Dr. Soong as well as Dr. Akinson.  Good luck with your journey!

GigglyMarie

vegasgyrl
on 12/5/07 1:38 am - Las Vegas, NV
I really appreciate your feedback.  Yes my PCP is very supportive of WLS, he knows that he needs to be very detailed and "play the insurance game"  so I do trust him, but hell things happen you know.  So when I go and see him on the 17th I will ask for a copy of my chart just for my records.  I am also going to have my PCP do the little progress sheet that the genteleman on the boards gave his doctor.  I cant wait.  I have only 3 more full months to go. 

278/170/145
Surgery/Current/Goal

5 feet tall and gorgeous at any weight!!!!

Genisis
on 12/5/07 2:45 am - NV

You are definitely not the only one that has problems with that office staff.  Yes, Dr. Fisher has retired, and I believe that Dr. Cottoman left the practice as well (or is leaving).  That may actually be part of the problem with the office staff. Absolutely, you are entitled to a copy of any and all of your medical records.  Some doctors require that you pay a fee for that service, but in the long run, it is worth it to have all of the information in your posession.  Just call them and tell them you want a copy of your "complete file".  Some offices require that you pick it up in person with a photo ID (because of privacy concerns), but others will mail or fax them to you at your request.  It should only take a day or two for them to make your copies available to you. Let me know if you have any other questions, Good Luck on Your Journey

Most Active