Newby Alert

Amanda G.
on 11/26/07 3:02 am - Eagle Mountain, UT
DS on 04/14/17
Just a quick introduction: I just signed up with OH and am hoping to be having Lap Band with Dr. Soong by late spring/early summer.  I have to complete a 6 month medically supervised diet before my insurance will cover the procedure.  If anyone has any information on local support groups, please let me know.  I am currently 5'5" and 242 (BMI 40.8)  My goal weight is 125...has anyone here had a 100+lb weight loss with LapBand?  Also, has anyone had a baby since their surgery?  Hubby and I want to add to our brood as soon as I get clearance after surgery.  (Dr. Soong said to wait a minimum of 12 months post op) I am excited to start this journey and meet new people.  Feel free to PM me or whatever.  My fire has been lit and I WILL NOT let it go out!
Vegas_ T.
on 11/26/07 9:45 am - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/03/03 with
Hi and welcome!!! I am 4+ years post op from RNY.  I went from 257 to 120 and up now that I am pregnant!!! So to answer your second question this is my first baby post op.  I am 26 weeks along and doing great!!!  Hope someone with the band pops on here

IMG_4593-1.jpg image by taralynn21475          IMG_8653-1.jpg image by taralynn21475     

GigglyMarie
on 11/27/07 8:20 am - Henderson, NV

Welcome and congrats! Unfortunately, I can't help you with band information, but I just (at 9 months) achieved my 100 lb weight loss with a relatively small (over all) amount to loose. 

You may want to check into support groups, the ones through Dr. Atkinson and Dr. Soong's office are, to my knowledge, just for after your surgery.

If you have any questions, feel free to either call the office or ask here, I know it's been a great source of information for me. Congratulations to you and your decision for a healthier life. I am so glad I made the choice! A year ago I was in your shoes (I’m 5' and was 232) my consultation was in December, and I can't explain how wonderful I feel now!

Good luck and can't wait to hear as you start your journey! Keep it up with the fire, it's the motivation that has kept me going!

Marie

GigglyMarie

Amanda G.
on 11/28/07 2:16 am - Eagle Mountain, UT
DS on 04/14/17
Thanks!  You both are looking GREAT!!  Is it this s....l....o....w for everyone?  I went to the seminar 2 1/2 weeks ago and will be going to my new internist on Friday.  After that it is a six month journey until my surgery.  I am trying to not obsess about it yet because it will drive me nuts, but I am still trying to do as much research as possible before my consult with Dr. Soong, though I have no idea when that will be either.
Vegas_ T.
on 11/28/07 4:58 am - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/03/03 with
My journey was soooo quick.  I believe from first appointment to surgery was 3 months.  The time literally flew by. Use this time to start making some small changes to your daily routine.  If you arent walking get out and walk, sign up at a gym if possible before to familiarize yourself with it.  Start attending support groups.  Get some samples of protein drinks (if doc recommends them) Any little changes you make now will help you post op :)

IMG_4593-1.jpg image by taralynn21475          IMG_8653-1.jpg image by taralynn21475     

Traceangel
on 12/4/07 12:21 pm - Henderson, NV
   What was your procedure and how much weight did you lose at first??  And on a much "shallower" note... how did you add that ticker onto your replies!LOL
Tracie
GigglyMarie
on 12/4/07 3:50 pm - Henderson, NV
I had RNY in Feburary. I lost 10 lbs before surgery.  Afterwards, I lost 8lbs my first week. After that it was a steady 2-4 lbs a wee****asionally, I will stall, but I notice that even when I don't lose, my clothes will fit better, and then it catch up. I have gone about three weeks on a stall or plateau, and boy did I stress out.  My ticker is from www.tickerfactory.com Once you make it, you right click on it and copy and paste it into your signature. It's really easy. I thought I needed to use the code, but you just copy the image.  PM me if you need more help on how to do it.  (I didn't know this, but your signature settings are only accessible under "user settings" -in the message board)! Good luck!

GigglyMarie

Genisis
on 11/28/07 7:53 am - NV
Hi, Welcome to the Board and the Journey! SWCC has an online support group that you can access through the bandandbypass website as well as the ones they hold at the office. Once the supervised diet is done, the rest of the journey will fly by.  I went to the seminar in June, and now have a Surgery date in December.  My advice would be to get copies of everything along the way (i.e diet progress reports, lab results, psyc eval etc.).  The office staff at SWCC is not the greatest, but the doctors more than make up for it. Best of Luck & Be sure to let me know if I can be of any help.
Amanda G.
on 11/28/07 8:39 am - Eagle Mountain, UT
DS on 04/14/17
Thanks for the heads-up with the staff at SWCC.  I was getting pretty annoyed with them because they say that they will call you with in a week of the seminar to verify insurance and all that stuff.  I went to the seminar on Nov 10 and still have not heard back from them.  I called them yesterday morning and as soon as I said who was calling they said oh yes, you wanted Lap-Band right?  So obviously they have reviewed my file but then made me leave a message for the nurse and I was told that she would call me back before lunch time.  She hasn't called back after two full business days.  I don't want to harass them because we have PLENTY of time to get this organized, but I would appreciate it if someone would touch base with me.
Genisis
on 11/28/07 8:46 am - NV
Yes, getting them to return phone calls is nearly impossible.  I found the best thing to do is call right after the office closes for the day, and leave a voicemail (be as sweet as possible no matter how annoyed you are...you know, more flies with honey and such).  You will be one of the first calls the following morning.
Most Active