Dr. Segura

Genisis
on 10/24/07 11:33 am - NV
After a hectic summer, I am back in town and back on track.  I had my supervised diet finalized and sent to Dr. Atkinson's office and my psyc evaluation is scheduled for Tuesday the 30th.  I am of course excited and nervous.  I was wondering if any of you had Dr. Segura perform your psyc eval?  What was your experience like? How long did you have to wait between your psyc eval and your consult? Time from consult to surgery?
Janet R.
on 10/26/07 11:14 am - Henderson, NV
Hi, I had Dr.Segura, she was easy to talk to,  and it was about 3 weeks after the psyc eval that you have another visit at a seminar like meeting for all those who are getting surgery at 8:15am that everyone has to attend.  Do you have all your tests done?  I had a psyc eval on the 24th of Sept., a visit on the 12th with Dr. Soong(who is doing my surgery), then there is a meeting everyone has to go to who is having surgery, it was on the 24th and it is at 8:15am for everyone.  That is when you get your packet for what to eat, you pay, they take your picture, vitals and a P.A. goes over any question anyone might have.  My surgery is Tuesday the 30th. I am excited also, not nervous about the surgery just about how I am going to do afterwards.  What I can and can't eat, will I be hungry after the first week, things like that.  Add me to your friends list and we can keep in touch. 
DrLindsey
on 10/30/07 7:04 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Janet I hope everything went well for you with your surgery today. I think it is great to get the Las Vegas OH board more active, especially right when folks are immediately preop. It is funny because in my experience, people respond very differently in those first days and weeks. I know many people who have woken up from surgery and thought "(&^%! What did I do!" Some people are elated -especially if they find they are not too hungry.  I've talked to other people who have mourned food in those early weeks - some people told me that they spent hours watching the food network!  I remember one woman who made the analogy of WLS being like going through a divorce (but with food) ... you are used to having food right there for so long and then bam, suddenly, you can't eat. But, not being able to eat does not last long- most everyone can eat most everything they enjoy - just in smaller proportions.  Keep posting and best wishes to you!

Dr. Lindsey Ricciardi is a licensed clinical psychologist and member of OH's Mental Health Advisory Board. By posting, she makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein. This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any condition. No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind. No informational post can take the place of seeking professional help. If you need professional help, seek professional services or dial 911. For more info on Dr. Lindsey visit www.mindbodybariatrics.com.

Janet R.
on 10/31/07 6:43 am - Henderson, NV
Hi Dr. Lindsey,  I am doing very well after my lap band as soon as I discovered that the pain I am having is gone when I take Ibuprofen and there is no hunger when I eat soup with protein powder that I mix in a bullet.  I only have a little longing when I see food on the tv, but I chose to do this and am commited to loosing weight so I have to get over it.  Watching the food channel would only make it worse for me.  Why punish myself!! The smaller portions is something I think I can deal with, if I know I have to.  Small price to pay to loose weight.  I just had foot surgery by a Dr. Ricciardi and it turned out to be just what was necessary for my condition.  He did a great job and I am recovering nicely.   Nice to hear from you. Thanks
Most Active