VEGAS I Love ya!!!

Dr.Marcy
on 7/8/07 3:58 pm - LOS ANGELES, CA
Just a shout out to all the WONDERFUL people I met on Saturday at the Vegas event! You are all outstanding! I had such fun. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say "goodbye" to you all. I slipped out to take in a little Vegas sun at the pool! Love ya all and PLEASE feel free to contact me should you have any questions! oxoxoxox Dr. Marcy

Dr. Marcy
www.myspace.com/doctormarcy
www.psychologyconnections.com

Disclaimer: This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical or mental condition. No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind. No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help. If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911. Learn more about Dr. Marcy at www.psychologyconnections.com

trafficdonna
on 7/24/07 11:58 pm
Dr. Marcy, We love you too!  I had a wonderful time at the seminar.  My only source of support is this board and the ladies I met there!  I had surgery in India so I have no post-surgery group or counseling. I am the lady who asked about the "addiction" of helping others instead of focusing on ourselves.  This is not an addiction that I feel I need to give up but I do find it VERY hard to say no to others who ask for my help.  As a result, I am always rushing from one project to the next for others and seldom take any time (or money) for myself.  I finally spent $35 on myself to attend deep water arobic classes for five weeks.  This is the first money other than surgery that I have spent on myself in longer than I can remember.  And of course I felt guilty about it---even though I am sending my husband to Ohio for some time off in August and that will cost several hundred dollars. What is wrong with me that I cannot put myself first?  It really has nothing to do with the weight---I have always done this.  I over-commit my time, my money, my energy.  Then when I collapse from all of it, emotionally, spiritually, and physically I just get depressed. Let me know what you think.  I could use some insight. Once again, thank you for being there.  Your talk about substituting addictions was very eye-opening.
This too will pass, like a kidney stone but it will pass!
Most Active