Dr. Robert Rutledge and mini gatric bypass

barbccrn
on 1/20/10 4:39 am - Las Vegas, NV
Lena10
on 12/7/10 3:32 am
I had surgery with Dr. Rutledge and I had a terrible experience.  He has absolutely NO follow up care and I was basically hung up to dry after I got home.  He makes promises that he doesn't keep and I haven't had the weight loss that was described.  He's very showy and would do much better as a motivational speaker than as a surgeon.  Plus, besides Sandy...his office staff is less than helpful.  He is engaged to Trish, the office manager and to me, that's just unprofessional. 

I wouldn't send my worst enemy to him. 
Lena10
on 3/9/11 3:10 am
DO NOT GO TO ROBERT RUTLEDGE!  I have had consistent complications because of his shady surgery.  He gets you in and out and YES, he has a great bedside manner and people are fooled by that.  However, good luck getting ANY kind of response or help once you get home.  The other people in my "group" didn't have good luck either.  I'm still having issues from his surgery.  I would have gladly paid twice as much for a decent surgeon.  You get what you pay for.  STAY AWAY from him if you know what's good for you. 
Moonpie52
on 8/24/12 6:39 am - FL
 Hi am Hattie I had surgery June 22/2012 I would love to talk to someone that had weight loss surgery I am not having any problems 
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/12 11:25 pm - NV

I realize this is an old post, but was reading some of the negative comments about Dr. Rutledge and won't to give my two cents.  My wife was morbidly obese.  She had the MGB four years ago, and lost almost 150 pounds, and she's kept it off.  With the exception of having to take some supplements to compensate for some malabsorption issues, her surgery was very successful, and her recovery from surgery was quick.  My wife's sister and a coworker also had the MGB and had no problems.  I know several other people that had this surgery and have lost their excess weight and kept it off.  Everyone I know that used Dr. Rutledge for the surgery were very happy with their experience with him, and none of them had complications from the surgery.  As far as I'm concerned this is the best surgical weight loss option available, and although I'm not morbidly obese,  I am about 70 pounds overweight and intend to have the surgery performed on me by Dr. Rutledge.

jimmy49601
on 1/27/11 9:02 am - MI
I did have a revision due to reflux but still recommend the MGB. I had it done in 2000 by Dr Rutledge in NC with NO I repeat NO complications besides the reflux....I am a nurse and was treated wonderful by him and his staff......I recommend the MGB over the lap band you need to research this more and come to a decision after careful deliberation and searching more!!!!!  And TALKING to your General Practioner about it!
Most Active