Dr. Robert Rutledge and mini gatric bypass

charleston-mom
on 7/3/07 2:00 pm

Please research Dr. Rutledge very carefully before you consider him.  There is a wealth of information out there.    You can go to the site on the North Carolina Medical Board website to read about him.  There is a public file against him.  Scroll down to all the public file entries.   Just paste the link into your browser.  According to the consent order (I think on the bottom of page 4 or 5, he admitted there was evidence which could show a lack of ethics and honesty on his application to practice in Nevada.  Additionally, the initial charges against him by the medical board are really disturbing and are never really well defended by him. http://www.ncmedboard.org/Clients/NCBOM/Public/Licensee_Deta ils.aspx?&EntityID=26088&PublicFile=1  It's a matter of public record, so I don't see anything wrong with posting it.  The more information we have regarding ethics of physicians we are considering, the better.

He is no longer licensed in North Carolina and was further even reprimanded by the NC Medical Board for not being fully honest about investigations against him in North Carolina as well on his application to practice in Nevada. http://glsuite.ncmedboard.org/DataTier/Documents/Repository/ 0/0/6/1/0f289ee1-8d65-4ae0-b111-ed87f7b528af.pdf I don't know - there's something disturbing to me about a doctor with this kind of record advertising on You Tube - even running his name and phone number across his videos. 

I would rather have a surgeon without a public record against him personally. Anyway - all of the above is a matter of public record and found on the North Carolina Medical Board website.  Normally, I would never say anything about any particular physician (my father was a surgeon), but in this case, I am going to just point you all in the right direction and you can read about him yourself.

charleston-mom
on 7/3/07 2:27 pm
From the California Medical Board Website:
Licensee Name: ROBERT RUTLEDGE, MD
License Type: PHYSICIAN AND SURGEON
License Number: G86844
License Status: LICENSE RENEWED & CURRENT
Public Record Actions: DISCIPLINE BY OTHER STATE/FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Original Issue Date: APRIL 11, 2003
Expiration Date: AUGUST 31, 2008
Address: 2424 CONFIDENT CREST COURT
HENDERSON, NV 89052
County: OUT OF STATE

Administrative Disciplinary Actions No information available from this agency

Disciplinary Actions Taken by Other State or Federal Government This information is provided by another state/federal government agency. The Medical Board of California may take disciplinary action based on the discipline imposed by another state/federal government agency. For more information or verification, contact the agency listed below that imposed the discipline.

Complaint Number: 162005171391
Jurisdiction: NORTH CAROLINA MEDICAL BOARD
Description of Action: NORTH CAROLINA BOARD REPRIMANDED DR. RUTLEDGE.
Date of Action: OCTOBER 19, 2005

lvjen218
on 12/29/09 2:35 am - Las Vegas, NV
NONE OF THAT IS TRUE I WORK WITH HIM AND THAT WAS DUE TO HIS PARTNERS NOT DIRECTLY HIM AND HE WAS NOT DISBARED OR ANYTHING FROM NORTH CAROLINA NEVADA WANTED HIM HE MADE THAT CHOICE. EVERY DR. HAS A PUBLIC FILE ABOUT THEM IT IS REQUIRED AND AFTER 5,000+ SURGERIES AND STILL DOING GREAT I WOULD SAY THAT HAS NOT HAD ANY IMPACT ON HIM BEING AN AMAZING SURGEON GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
Laussie
on 12/29/09 7:49 am - Winter Haven, FL
Phooey.  Big bunch of Hooey!  I have many MGB friends and had mine 2 1/2 years ago with no complications.  My friends have none either unless they don't follow the rules and guidelines as set forth in the manual.  It is a lifetime change.
Laussie
on 7/26/11 10:21 pm - Winter Haven, FL
It was not discontinued but is not the same surgery as the one performed years ago.  It is a newer improved version of the billroth II develped by Dr. Rutledge.
Patricia H.
on 5/19/08 9:16 am - Charlotte, NC
"Also, most of the doctors/surgeons speak very negatively of his practices...." I'm willing to bet you can't back that up with factual information like names or statements? Besides, how would CELOS become a center of excellence, then? I believe that they do need to satisfy a series of criteria to achieve that status. 
Genisis
on 5/20/08 2:40 pm - NV
Well, I hate to break it to you, but you just made a losing bet.  I do not make unsubstantiated claims about people.  If you take the time to read this thread in its entirety you will see an abundance of information regarding the doctor and his practices.  Until you have walked in my shoes, participated in the conversations with the same medical professionals and patients that I have, and done the research that I have, you have no ground to question my ability to speak on any issue. That being said, a Center of Excellence designation does not necessarily reflect long-term outcomes.  The designation signifies that the facility meets and in some instances exceeds the appropriate medical standard of care.  That only includes the time at which the patient is at the facility, it does not follow them long-term, and therefore would only include immediate complications.

ldymugwart
on 7/31/08 8:03 am - salem, OR
In a previous post you indicated that 30% of Dr. Rutledges' surgeries are revisions of complication. How did you come up with this figure and were these revisions due to complications from the surgery itself (ie leaks, ulcers) or inadequate weight loss.
Just curious...
Jay Park
on 6/6/08 1:23 pm - MO
lvjen218
on 12/29/09 2:32 am - Las Vegas, NV
THAT IS A COMPLETE LIE I WORK WITH DR. RUTLEDGE IN THE OR FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS AND NONE OF THAT IS TRUE. YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU GO POST LIES ABOUT PEOPLE YOU MUST BE ONE OF THOSE ATKINSON PEOPLE. I HAD SURGERY WITH DR. RUTLEDGE 3 YEARS AGO AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS I HAVE ALSO HAD 7 FAMILY MEMBERS HAVE THE SURGERY WITH NO PROBLEMS GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. HE HAS OPEN CLINICS EVERY TUESDAY MORNING AT 9AM AT ST. ROSE DOMINICAN DELIMA CAMPUS ANYONE IS MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME TALK WITH HIM AND OUR PATIENTS SEE FOR YOURSELF.;......!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active