Help please

DawnBridgette
on 4/3/07 10:00 am - North Las Vegas, NV
Im new to Obesityhelp and would really like some help. I am currently trying to make a decision between a having my panis removed first or having gastric bypass surgery. My weight is mostly in my stomach and I would have to have the panis removed either way. Has anyone here ever had this done ? Its all very frightening at this point for me and I need to make a decision. Dawn
Linda B.
on 4/9/07 3:54 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I think you should wait because you will have a lot of loose skin and flab after your WLS. My surgeon told me to wait until at least two years out. Sorry it took so long for a response I hardly ever come to the Nevada forum. I hang out on the main board.
Maebeitsme
on 4/22/07 7:11 am - Long Beach, CA
Dawn, I know of some one in Vegas that had WLS with Dr. Fisher, and I am pretty sure he removed some of her pani at the same time he did her Gastric Bypass. This was quite a few years ago, and she had the procedure done open, not lap. She also weighed over 500 pounds. I think he did it mainly to help her gain range of motion to excercise later on. It might be a solution if they still do that? Mae
Most Active