Lasvegas Buffets

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/07 10:27 am - Louisville, KY
I am going to lasvegas in march 28 - April 4th I wanted to know of any Buffets on the strip that honor surgerons cards to get a childs price?
TraceyB-LV
on 1/25/07 1:03 am - Las Vegas, NV
I really don't think any of the buffets will honor surgeon's cards -- I live here in Vegas, and I have not ventured into a Buffet since my surgery, as I would think that paying a Strip Hotel's high price for a buffet, would not satisfy me - because I can only eat four ounces and I don't want to pay that much for a little bit. Plus, buffets are much too much temptation to overeat - or eat the wrong kind of foods. Alot of buffets use sauces and gravies, to extend the dish, plus, many do not cook food to order (there are a few that have some stir fry or omelet stations). A better choice would be to go to the hotel's cofee shop or other restaurants and order an appetizer (shrimp ****tail, for example), and possibly share an entree with your friends/spouse, etc. Strip buffets are awefully expensive - anywhere from $10-30 per person for dinner. If you get off the main strip, the prices go down. Here is a listing from the local newspaper for all the buffets - prices listed: http://www.reviewjournal.com/dining/buffets.html Where were you planning on staying? Check out the hotel's restaurants and possibly the restaurants that might be in the area. Are you going to rent a car or do a lot of walking. All these can factor in for places to eat. Tracey B in LV 404/342/150 Lap RNY 11-21-06 http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/traceyb_lv/
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/07 10:37 am - Louisville, KY
Hi we are staying at the Luxor, and NOT renting a car, just walking, taxie, monarail? Whats good food on the strip? what show is the beat Folies? or Julible? sorry sp? Thanks For the help! Amy Spears
TraceyB-LV
on 1/26/07 2:15 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Amy, Well, as a local of Las Vegas for over 35 years - I can tell you, us locals don't go to the Strip very often. When we do, its usually for a show or to show it off to our out-of-town visitors! For shows -- my husband and I have seen Mystere' at the Treasure Island, and Celine Dion at Ceasars Palace - Both of which are really good. We have also went to concerts at Mandalay Bay's House of Blues, and we saw a show at the Luxor - Drew Careys Improv all stars. But I found a link that will give you all the different shows playing and an idea what they are about. http://www.visitlasvegas.com/vegas/play/shows/results.jsp?page=1 We haven't seen either Jubilee or the Folies, but they must be pretty good being that they have played for over 20 years. I know that at the Imperial Palace - the "Legends in Concert" was really good about 15 years ago, but they have different 'acts' every year. When we went, Michael Jackson was still popular, and Charlie Daniels, but now I think they have impersonators of more recent people. The Monorail is a good way to get around for less money than a taxi -- and if you take the bus, make sure you have your money/wallet close to your heart (in your bra or a belt wallet!) so that pickpockets don't strike! For food, .... hummm, I'm not a good place to judge that, as we usually stay around in our neighborhood for restaurants. But if you like Chinese/Asian food - PF Changs at the Aladdin (not sure when they will change their name to Planet Hollywood), has really good food - plus they have seafood, fish, chicken - all types of healthier items - high in protein - plus they offer gluten free dishes. My favorite dish is the Cantonese Scallops or Shrimp - stir fried with garlic and snow peas. They also offer lettuce wraps with chicken. Just thinking about this is making me hungry. Geesh. So, just choose wisely. Walking is always good, and March and April the weather should be nicer -- maybe a little breezy, not too cold. Wishing you well in your journey, Tracey B in LV 404/342/150 Lap-RNY 11-21-06 http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/traceyb_lv/
trafficdonna
on 2/6/07 11:31 pm
HI there, I'm a newbie but live in Henderson (20 minutes from the Strip). I agree with the other post about buffets: they won't be worth it to you but you hubby might want to experience one. I would go for breakfast or lunch instead of dinner (cheaper) and you might have more choices that you can have too. My surgery is scheduled for April 17th in India. I plan to eat for free from here on out: I will order a cup of soup and maybe "steal" a couple of bites of protein from my husband's entree. We really don't go out to eat too much because my husband hates to stand in line.....and in Vegas you will stand in line at almost every restaurant you choose. Even away from the strip, people love to go out to eat and lines are everywhere. As for shows: I loved La Cage (female impersonators). Folies Bergere is old style Vegas and is very good. I haven't seen Jubilee. Not sure about March-April but the Tropicana (right acrss from the Luxor) has the Titanic Exhibit---very good and Excalibur has the Tournament of Kings--cornish hen, potato wedge, broccoli for dinner you eat with your hands and a Knights of the Round Table tournament with jousting, horses, swords flying--lots of fun and the knights are gorgeous hunks! I agree about the impersonator shows: less pricey and just as entertaining. Menopause has been playing at the Hilton and is a hilarious show--even my husband was laughing his head off because it was all SO TRUE. Have a great time (leave your money--it keeps us free of local and state taxes) !
Mush
on 3/7/07 10:54 pm - KLAMATH FALLS, OR
We have been living in the Reno area and I have had no problem getting the childs price for the buffets here. At regular restraunts I order off the childrens/senior menu.The only stupid question is the one not asked. I think the only place that has turned me down is the "Chinese Buffet" and IHOP. So we don't give them our business.Have fun!!!
Most Active