Did you see Oprah today?

wedosantas
on 10/24/06 7:07 pm - Gardnerville, NV
Did anyone out there see Oprah today? The show was about people who had Gastric Bypass surgery who substituted one addiction for another. I just had my surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago, and was wondering if anyone had had this problem? The specific addictions mentioned were alcohol, pills, or believe it or not, sex. Their claim was that without addressing the REASON we were fat, surgery was just a bandaide that would lead to other problems. This kind of blew me away, I realize I am in the 'honeymoon' period where everything is great, but what next? I would appreciate some feedback from some 'old timers' ! Thanks
baker1
on 11/1/06 9:47 am - NORTH HAMPTON, NH
My new addiction is the gym I work out 2 hours a day and come back for other classes like yoga,swimming arobics etc. I take I one day at a time to fight this addiction.
wedosantas
on 11/1/06 1:45 pm - Gardnerville, NV
Richard: Thanks for your response.... I hope to find a healthy addiction as well. It will be one month tomorrow since my surgery.
GaldySolo
on 11/3/06 6:48 am - las vegas, NV
I want to belive is not true but it is I belive my addiction is becoming to be pills I had problems with my tail bone and I have been taking pain pills and now I think I don't needed for the pain is just an addiction
Ariana V.
on 11/26/06 9:09 am - Fallon, NV
You really just have to look at yourself. With these shows, Oprah or not, they have to go for the WOW factor and what will be of interest to their audience. I am not saying that what they were talking about is not true, because with any addiction, when you loose one, you can pick up another one if that particular addiction is not dealt with, but you really have to take some of what is said with a grain of salt. If it is not you, then don't pay attention to it. I am about to be three months post op and I have no addictions to boot and don't plan on having any. What they were talking about is only one aspect of WLS, not the whole kitten kabooodle. Blessings, Ari
Most Active