Weight Loss Surgery

Cameo M.
on 10/15/06 1:13 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I went to a Weight Loss Surgery seminar on Saturday. Afterwards I'm feeling a bit overwhealmed and unsure. I had done some research on the Gastric Bypass through various online web sites. I had also gotten some information from obesityhelp.com. I suppose READING it and then SEEING it brings a whole different reality. They had five of Dr. Teng's patients there who spoke after the presentation. Four of them were the Gastic Bypass and one had the Lapban done. Their transformation was amazing. But now I'm having, like, superficial thoughts. I know I'd be healthier. I've feel better. Yet, I keep thinking about the foods I'd have to give up. What I won't be able to eat. Is that...normal? Did you feel that way during your journey? I feel like an ass. I mean HELLO! There is a reason why I'm almost 400 pounds. So, anyway. Stuff that is in my head now. My boyfriend said he'd support me in any decision and be there for me through all the steps. His support has meant so much to me.
Deanna Wise
on 10/15/06 2:51 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I can only speak from personal experience but after I had the surgery the foods that I thought I would have to give up and I would miss, I didnt even want. It was like as though it didnt matter to me any more and if I did want them and they didnt agree with me, then well I didnt want them anymore... Its normal to feel the way you do but I have to say if you have any doubts about the surgery then do not go through with it till you are 100% dedicated to changing your life style forever. There is a support group here in town called Las Vegas WLS Support group, I do not have the url or meeting information but I can get it for you, Email me at [email protected] if you want the info...good luck Deanna
Kilaani
on 10/22/06 12:15 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hey there - I was over 400 pounds and I have never regretted my WLS. I had the DS done - have you heard of that surgery at all? It's been awesome. I was a revision from the gastric band (lap band) which didn't work. I lost a bunch of weight but regained from when a leak in the band occurred. Take a look at my journal if you like - there are really not any foods I've had to give up. The main issue with the DS is that you MUST be viligent about vitamins and protein intake. It has both malabsorption and restriction so it's very very good for the super super morbidly obese and has the best long term results. Hope that helps, Jill revision from band to DS 3/10/05 Dr. Baltasar, Spain 440/435/211/165-149 hw/sw/cw/gw range -229lbs, 46lbs to go www.picturetrail.com/kilaani
Yvonne McCarthy
on 6/30/07 5:55 am - Plano, TX
Hi I was reading your board here because I'm coming to the event next weekend and I hope you don't mind me "weighing in".  It is a natural part of the process.  For me food was my only friend except my cats.  I was taking a chance that I'd have to give up my best friend.  I found out though that when I lost the weight that there's a whole bunch of stuff out there besides food....and it's even BETTER!  I was obese for 30 years and this was it for me.  Do or die.  That was 6 years ago and I can't tell you the difference in my life.  I hope this helps you. hugs, Y

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Most Active