New to Las Vegas & Looking for Support Meetings and meeting people.

bartswife
on 7/20/06 7:39 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hello Everyone: I just moved to Las Vegas in November from Minneapolis, I work in Radio in town and I have been looking for Support Groups in this area as I don't know many people in this town. I had my WLS 4 years ago but feel on need support to get back on track. I often find myself getting back into old habits. Can anyone tell me where the meetings are. Thanks in advance for your help. Kristine
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/06 5:02 pm - Yakima, WA
Hi - OH Has one in Henderson and one in LV - you can email the leaders from the page here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/ohsupportgroups/NV.html Best of luck and WOOHOO on 4 years (me too ). I'd like to invite you to visit the WLS Grads board - where a lot of those 1+ years postop gather to exchange info and support each other with those issues more unique to those further out. You can find it by clicking the forums tab up top and then choose WLS Grad from the Weight Loss Related Forums list. Best of luck, Tooter
bartswife
on 7/23/06 12:12 pm - Las Vegas, NV
HI Thanks for information I will also check into the Grads group. I just moved to the Vegas area and am looking for support so Thanks. Thanks, Kristine
~ Dana ~
on 7/23/06 12:51 am - Henderson, NV
Hi Kristine, Hello and welcome to Vegas! I live in Henderson and will be 3 years post op in Sept. There is a support group in Vegas open to everyone and I believe they meet on the first Wed of every month. I am not able to attend because my daughter has school meetings and activities that also fall on the first Wednesday of every month. Everyone there is very nice and helpful, I will put the link at the bottom for you. I can totally relate to getting into the old habits!!! If you ever would like to get together send me an email. Take care... Dana http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/LasVegasWLSSupportGroup/
bartswife
on 7/23/06 12:18 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Dana: Thanks so much for the information, I will check out the meeting schedule. I would love to get together I will keep your email address. I am going to join 24/7 Fitness do you know anything about that club? I am looking for a health club in town do you have any suggestions? Thanks, Kristine
~ Dana ~
on 7/23/06 4:02 pm - Henderson, NV
I actually joined 24 hour fitness at a special rate from my work and never had the motivation to go by myself so I stopped it. It was when I was newly post op so its been a while. This year I bought a bike (which I havent done in years) and I just joined my local rec center gym, but I would usually use the indoor walking track when I went. I think if I go alone I get bored quickly so that is why it never lasts long for me.
Most Active