Moving to Reno September

gokiwi68
on 7/3/06 8:24 am - Reno, NV
I will be in Reno Nevada september....I am downunder right now in New Zealand.... I want to get that skinny surgery asap as soon as I get there..... who do I see....who is the best....will someone give me some kind of info as of which surgery to have....the Lap or the bypass...or what....????? and a great Dr also.... cheers...kiwi/nanci
Becks
on 7/16/06 4:43 pm
Hello Nancy I will be having lap Band surgery in Reno sometime in Sept. or Oct. I have attended Western Bariatrics seminar. The surgical group has 4 highly trained surgeon performing lap band or bypass surgery. I know several people that have had surgery from them. They have been highly recomended to me. When you get to Reno you can attend a seminar to see what would be best for you bypass or lapband?? They also have a web site westernbariatricinstitute.com Good luck with your move and future surgery!! Any other questions feel free to email me. Beck's
princesskymber
on 9/1/06 12:35 am - Carson City, NV
Hey there... Reno is a great place to live. I actually live in Carson City which is about 25 minutes south of Reno. I am a WLS coach and would be happy to help you in any way I can... email me when you get here... kymber.wlscoach@gmail dot com
Sweet_Velocity
on 9/12/06 8:11 am
First off....If you have good insurance then getting the surgery in Reno is fine. I'm sure the doctors are more than qualified. I'm one of those poor people that make too much to qualify for state assistance....and not enough to be able to afford medical insurance....not ot mention no insurance agency will touch me because of my obesity....so I have to pay out of pocket. I found a place in Idaho Falls, ID....it's like the place in Reno...and the whole surgery (lapband) from post op to 12 weeks pre op is 12K. That covers everything you need to take care of the process. Even with the travel time and the couple trips you would have to make after the surgery...you're not even coming close of the cost of Reno's costs. I contacted this hospital in Idaho 2 weeks ago. My surgery is scheduled for Mid Novemeber....( they would get me in sooner...but I want to wait until after my anniversary...;). Research your options before you dive into Western Bariatrics...:)
Most Active