New procedure in las vegas?

Terri the re - creation
on 6/29/06 5:01 am - Greenville, SC
Hi, I am in Greenville, SC. A friend of mine works at a clothing store and one of her customers told her she was going to Las Vegas to have bariatric surgery. A doctor there was going to use a new procedure he developed. It is half the cost of gastric bypass surgery and there is no stay in the hospital. She also told her that it was impossible to gain the weight back and you could eat whatever you wanted. I promise you this is not a fairy tale that I am spinning, though I laughed when my friend told me the story. The reason I am posting this here is that I was wondering if there was a doctor in Las Vegas that was making such claims. Have any of you heard of this??? Thanks! Terri
Jacqueline P.
on 7/20/06 5:26 am - Las Vegas, NV
I am here in Las Vegas, and have heard of no such thing. I can't imagine such a thing. If you find out the name of the Dr. I will try to research.
VocalTammy
on 8/28/06 8:24 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Terri, I actually received information about this today. It's called the mini gastric bypass, and is performed by Dr. Rutledge in Las Vegas. The cost for the entire proceedure, etc is 17,000.00 out of pocket as he does not accept insurance of any kind. His out-of-hospital time is under 24 hours, the procedure takes 30 minutes, and apparently it has as high a success rate as RNY... Of course, remember I said that I only just heard about this today. I came over to the NV board to see if anyone had ever said anything about it, and look - there you are. If you google mini gastric bypass, it's the first website that pulls up! Tammy
Most Active