Jenny37
on 5/17/06 12:10 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I live in Las Vegas and want to have the surgery done. I am looking for a surgeon. Does anyone have recommendations for me, also my insurance is Health Plan of Nevada. I have an appointment with a new internist next week to get a referral. Also, how long is the recovery time? For anyone who has had the surgery, when could you return to work? I am saving up my vacation time. Lastly, I suffer from multiple health problems: type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, acid reflux, hypoglycemia, Syndrome X, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.........did these conditions improve after surgery. I need to lose over 100 pounds and am discouraged. Thanks so much for your help. Jen
Jacqueline P.
on 5/19/06 7:57 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Jen, I am in Las Vegas too, and Dr James Atkinson did my surgery in March. He is wonderful, as is his staff. The first step here is to go to one of their seminars. His phone # is 313-8446. If you go to www.bandandbypass.com you can look at the seminar schedule. You can email me at [email protected] if there is anything I can help with. Have a great weekend. : - )
Sharleen Y
on 5/28/06 7:19 am - Las Vegas, NV
Jennifer, I also live in Las Vegas, I had my WLS in Feb, 2006 Dr Irwin Simon. He is great as is his staff. He is on this forum under Bariatric Surgeons if you want more information. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions. I had multiple health issues too, high cholesterol, acid feflux, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia also Hashimoto thyroididts. All is much better after surgery. I have lost 60 lbs so far and feel great. Good luck with everything. Shar
Most Active