HELP with shopping

Jackie00
on 8/9/11 9:05 am
I was wondering if any of you are around the Halifax/Dartmouth area that could take me out shopping for groceries?  I was out looking for sugar free popcycles tonight and couldn't find any.  So I thought someone experienced that can run right through a store with me would be great to show me some stuff.  I really don't have time to keep looking with children.  Basically I am going to be looking for the stuff for the liquid diet so I can have all of that ready before I go so it will be in my house when I get home.  Also, vitamins.

I have been trying protein drinks YUCK and my body doesn't like them.  Spent some time in the washroom after trying some, and don't want to have to take them if they are going to make me stink up my office lol.  I am mixing them with milk and maybe I shouldn't be? 

I have a car and can meet up with anyone in the evenings or weekends whenever you do your regular grocery shopping for your supplies.

Any helpful stores that you shop at other then the regular sobeys or superstore?  Like I said I haven't found the sugar free popcyles but did from some gluten free ones but still 60 calories. 
CaperGal
on 8/10/11 9:29 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Hi, I don't live in or near Halifax so I can't help you there. I bought the sugar free popsicles and they are gross. So I bought the make at home thingys and make them with apple juice or other juices. You can find a lot of receipes for shakes that might help too. I drink boost, ensure and store brands of high protein. I sometimes make  shakes with them. In my blender I put about half full with ice. Pour in the boost, add protein powder and some yogart and if it is too thick just add some milk. It should make enough for 3 glasses, so you get 2 waters in for the ice. i for the boost and 1 for the yogart if you add some milk. Have you tried the Carnation Instant Breakfast? its pretty good. 15g of proteins for both boost and CIB. You can buy the protein powders at Walt Mart they are 19.97 a bottle with 25g per scope. You can get different flavors. I have French Vanilla, Cookies and Cream, and Strawberry. There is also regular Chocolate.
I take iron pills and a multivitamin and mineral supplement.

Hope this helps you a little bit. Also maybe try Costco for this stuff.I have never been there but people have gotten their supplies there. I am 2 weeks out and it is going good except trying to remember to drink my fluids, is the hardest thing to do.take care.
Jackie00
on 8/11/11 5:08 am
Yeah maybe I will go shopping out there to see what they have over the weekend, I don't think I need a card unless I am planning on buying something.  Will check with family if I find something that I want to buy but just to browse I don't think I need a membership.
Jackie00
on 8/11/11 5:09 am
ah what do you think of the protein drinks?  I brought a tub of the whey strawberry and yuck it is horrible and I got it from the superstore and should see what they exchange or return policy is on it.
Carly ~
on 8/12/11 7:21 am
 Jackie, you can buy those plastic popsicle makers, and make your own SF popsicles with Crystal Lite :)
Then you can have tons of different flavours, that taste really good -- instead of being icky :)

Jackie00
on 8/12/11 10:39 am
ah thanks Carly that is a good idea

have you tried the WHEY strawberry kiwi drinks?  Not so sure about them but I need ways in which I am able to get the protein in at first I guess.  Time is ticking down!!! Hoping to be done within 45 days the count down is on, mid to end of September is what I am looking at.
Most Active