Cape Breton Support Group

jmer842
on 6/19/09 12:22 pm - Canada
I would like to hear if anyone is interested in the start up of a support group here.

I am considering doing it, I have a location set up and the first few suggestions for a topic of our meeting.

however, I am not sure how many folks are on this site from Cape Breton

I am in GLACE BAY, it would be nice to unite as a group and support each other, please let me know.

jackie

Believe in yourself, good things will happen

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/09 2:57 am
VSG on 04/06/09 with
Let me know if you get any response Jackie.
beaverblue
on 6/20/09 9:21 am - Canada
I live about 45 minutes from the Canso Causeway so Glace Bay would seem like a whole province away!!  I would love to but the distance is just too great.  Good luck anyway.

Cheers, Carmen

jmer842
on 6/20/09 10:33 pm - Canada
Oh I know it is far, and yes I hate the drive too. especially in the winter.

There are more and more people in our areas being done both RNY and Sleeve so it is time.

But you are always welcome to come, I will post times on the board when up and running

have a good day guys

beaverblue
on 6/20/09 11:08 pm - Canada
Thanks so much. I have two sisters in Sydney so you never know, it may fall on a day when I am visiting!

Good luck starting this group. It is very important.

Cheers, Carmen

CaperGal
on 6/22/09 7:31 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Sounds good. I have just gotten my Doctor to send a letter off to a doctor in Halifax. I have just started researching this and I have lots of questions. Like is it covered by msi and what about surgery, after you loose weight, for getting rid of the extra sagging skin in my case will be a lot. lol
I was on a list for Halifax and got a call about 3 years ago but there was no way I could go so she told me I would go to the bottom of the list. I never got another call and I can't remember the Doctors name. :-( thanks for helping me
jmer842
on 7/3/09 12:26 pm - Canada

Hi there

Once your referal is done, call the clinic in Halifax as they have  an info session going on July 8th, I believe ask if you can attend.  It is one step closer if you can do it good for you.

Dr. Ellesmere is a great doctor, his work is fab.

Hanging skin is your last step, focus on getting the weight off, if you get hanging skin, and if it causes skin breakdown, and your doc keeps good records of the reports, then it is my understanding that msi will cover then but a lot of work to getting it done.  I will ahve it in time, I say give me a year at goal weight, then I will pay for it, having a car pmt and having no car lol, drive the body.

Good luck and I will post our first meeting, I was just arranging things with My hubby who I am busy caring for now, he had jAW  surgery, when that is done with, I will be able to focus on our support group and we will get together, hope we get enough folks together to make it fun and informative

Citykitty
on 7/22/09 5:38 am - Sydney, Canada
Hi Jackie,

I'm from Cape Breton and I'm pre suregery.  I would be interested in a CB support group.  I'm not sure how to go about doing this but let me know if you're still thinking of getting the group together and maybe we can exchange emails or something to get in touch with one another.

jmer842
on 7/23/09 3:38 am - Canada

Sorry was soooo busy this week, not on line at all, but, I am finalizing the plans for a location, the first meeting will be with those that are already sleeved, then the invite will certainly be out there guys for those on the list and have questions.
hope it will help and everyone will be positive for each other and there for support

i will be posting date and place in the next week, date will be 2 weeks time, then following 2 weeks we will have another just to ensure everyone is in on the group.

from there i believe every month or 2nd month depending on how things go and turn out, we will go from there.

i have a nut willing to give her time to one of the meetings and a health store owner willing to give up her time to show the value of protiens and sources.

have a great week guys, will be back at you within the week.

Citykitty
on 7/23/09 5:39 am - Sydney, Canada
Great.  I'll be watching for the notice.  Thanks for your time and effort.

Most Active