Dr. Jean Baptiste - Anyone know ....

bowler300
on 3/17/10 4:00 pm
i recieved a call today from his new office asking me to call back to schedule an appointment for a follow up the number is 908-222-7400..... after the things i have heard and all of it true i am thinking of changing doctors. i have alot of friends at JFK and i have found out alot about Dr.JB and i can tell you he is in deep water.... i will post more another day
njnyman
on 4/25/10 2:38 am
You are not far off... Everyone would be well advised to seek out another MD.  This man is in trouble.
Juanita09
on 6/11/10 5:44 am

I paid out of pocket $1950.00 which I was told for JFK gym and Nutritional counselor yes the checks were made to the doctor Jean- Baptites on JFK letter head. I went to the support meeting and was given a form to fill out to be refunded my money. I spoke to Lisa L over at JFK who told me my information was being worked out and that I should be reimburse soon that has been about two months ago. I also spoke to Christine at the bariatric center who stated that we should be receiving a letter which again I never got. About 3 weeks ago Scott G ( Administer} stated that no refund will be issued and that we can use the gym and nutritional counselor I told Scott that I have good insurance and that I could have used my own counselor which only would have been a $15.00 copay and that I have a membership at plantness fitness and that I want my money. I asked Lisa L from JFK if I should get a lawyer she stated no just allow more time. It has been close to 4 months now I have to take legal action and not for nothing the support group is the one that issued the refund form I will be in attendance at the next meeting I want answers and my money . I feel this this whole manner was very rude and stressful If anyone else is interested in legal action please let me know. JFK have to take responsibility for this two this was a doctor under there privilege and Im sick of getting the run around they had me fax all my check and recites all for them to now say you can use our gym and counselor that’s fraud the paper states no insurance will cover this out of pocket expensive and that was a LIE

Heather310
on 3/22/10 1:12 am - NJ
I was just told last week that he has lost his medical license so I am wondering how a new office is calling his previous patients to come back to him?
odyssey986
on 4/1/10 9:37 am - Highland Park, NJ
Does anyone know the full story here or can suggest who to call to get the details?
amysue36
on 4/18/10 3:11 am - Pittstown, NJ
Okay - he JUST changed hospitals. 
He is probably the BEST doctor for WLS - - - he pretty much saved my life!  I was supposed to have surgery by another doctor and 2 weeks before, the insurance company said he was out of network.  Dr. JB managed to fit me in for the SAME surgery date and get me approved QUICKLY.

It's been one year and I am down 115 pounds...thank GOD for this man!!!  I ahve not had ONE SINGLE Day of problems or regrets.

Go to the other hospital and use him.  He is the best!!!
Amy
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 4:36 am
3grlsmom
on 4/24/10 8:05 am
 I also adore JB.  He has performed SUCCESSFUL surgeries on 10 of my friends over the past 3 years and we are all doing great.  He is a great Dr.  He has a wonderful track record with us and we highly reccommend him.  He is in a new location - only 15 minutes further away from me.  Do your research - he is the BEST!!
Karen in NJ 

Juanita09
on 6/11/10 5:37 am

I paid out of pocket $1950.00 which I was told for JFK gym and Nutritional counselor yes the checks were made to the doctor Jean- Baptites on JFK letter head. I went to the support meeting and was given a form to fill out to be refunded my money. I spoke to Lisa L over at JFK who told me my information was being worked out and that I should be reimburse soon that has been about two months ago. I also spoke to Christine at the bariatric center who stated that we should be receiving a letter which again I never got. About 3 weeks ago Scott G ( Administer} stated that no refund will be issued and that we can use the gym and nutritional counselor I told Scott that I have good insurance and that I could have used my own counselor which only would have been a $15.00 copay and that I have a membership at plantness fitness and that I want my money. I asked Lisa L from JFK if I should get a lawyer she stated no just allow more time. It has been close to 4 months now I have to take legal action and not for nothing the support group is the one that issued the refund form I will be in attendance at the next meeting I want answers and my money . I feel this this whole manner was very rude and stressful If anyone else is interested in legal action please let me know. JFK have to take responsibility for this two this was a doctor under there privilege and Im sick of getting the run around they had me fax all my check and recites all for them to now say you can use our gym and counselor that’s fraud the paper states no insurance will cover this out of pocket expensive and that was a LIE

Most Active
Recent Topics