Dr. Jean Baptiste - Anyone know ....

smallerdude1
on 2/19/10 10:58 am

I would suggest an alternative would be the Robert Wood Johnson bariatric program, which is only 15-20 minutes from JFK.  I have had a great experience with them and their program director Dr. Sadek.  They are very accommodating and there is no extra cost for the patient.  The website is     bariatricsurgerynewjersey.com. 

jade1145
on 2/20/10 8:53 pm
 so what is the answer on dr. JB??? i was supposed to have my surgery this week. my insurance runs out in dec so i need this to happen soon. i'm so anxious about all of this. man, i just want to cry. :(
jade1145
on 2/23/10 8:49 pm
Well it's official, Dr. JB is no longer with the hospital. I called to check in and guess what? Someone was actually in the office!! They told me to come by and pick up my medical records. At least I found a new doctor in Edison. 
odyssey986
on 2/24/10 4:53 am - Highland Park, NJ
Who is the new Dr. in Edison that you found?  I'm nearby and in the same situation now.  My surgery was one year ago and I am due for new labwork.

What about the "program fee" we all paid for?  I assume this money is now wasted.  Will a new Dr. require a program fee or just regular office visit costs now (post surgery)?
jade1145
on 2/24/10 6:37 am
HERE IS THE OFFICIAL WORD ON DR, JEAN BAPTISTE STRAIGHT FROM HIS MOUTH!!!!!!

He has switched hospitals, that's all. He will now be using Overlook. His new number is 609-647-9900. I personally spoke to him not even 10 minutes ago. He was furious that the old office told me to "find a new doctor" and he realized I was very scared as to what was going to happen. I knew he was trustworthy. So please don't call JFK, you'll be wasting your time. 
danielle42
on 2/26/10 5:34 pm
A phone call would of been nice!!  He just up and disappeared on me...Why do I have to search for my doctor?? 
tryingtogodown
on 3/1/10 12:32 am - South Plainfield, NJ
I was asked to pay all of that "out of pocket/ out of network" money too which is ridiculous and insurance fraud.  If you (your facility) is in network with an insurance plan, then you are in network, and signed contracts to accept the "in network" rate and reimbursements. There are plenty of Doctors around who work with nutritionists, etc. that are participating.  And that was only 1 of the red flags that was waving in my face!!!! 

Juanita09
on 6/11/10 5:42 am

I paid out of pocket $1950.00 which I was told for JFK gym and Nutritional counselor yes the checks were made to the doctor Jean- Baptites on JFK letter head. I went to the support meeting and was given a form to fill out to be refunded my money. I spoke to Lisa L over at JFK who told me my information was being worked out and that I should be reimburse soon that has been about two months ago. I also spoke to Christine at the bariatric center who stated that we should be receiving a letter which again I never got. About 3 weeks ago Scott G ( Administer} stated that no refund will be issued and that we can use the gym and nutritional counselor I told Scott that I have good insurance and that I could have used my own counselor which only would have been a $15.00 copay and that I have a membership at plantness fitness and that I want my money. I asked Lisa L from JFK if I should get a lawyer she stated no just allow more time. It has been close to 4 months now I have to take legal action and not for nothing the support group is the one that issued the refund form I will be in attendance at the next meeting I want answers and my money . I feel this this whole manner was very rude and stressful If anyone else is interested in legal action please let me know. JFK have to take responsibility for this two this was a doctor under there privilege and Im sick of getting the run around they had me fax all my check and recites all for them to now say you can use our gym and counselor that’s fraud the paper states no insurance will cover this out of pocket expensive and that was a LIE

XOXOXO
on 3/4/10 2:01 am, edited 3/4/10 2:02 am
jerseyjandj
on 3/6/10 9:19 am - keyport, NJ
wow i was going to go to him ! thank goddnes i didnt , im partial to my doc !! lol he's in montclair and snj  he's awsome !!! karl strom  if you want i'll pm his number ....

Most Active
Recent Topics