Dr. Jean Baptiste - Anyone know ....

francene K.
on 2/18/10 2:46 am - perth amboy, nj
'Thank you' to everyone for the responses.
We'll see what happens tomorrow when Dr JB is supposed to call me back.
I'll be posting!
I have 25 lbs more to goal and it would really suck if i had to find a new dr!
tryingtogodown
on 2/18/10 5:54 am, edited 2/18/10 5:54 am - South Plainfield, NJ
Just found out officially from JFK Hospital that Dr. Jean-Baptiste is no longer doing any surgeries there.  When I get more information I will add to this post.

TV2Night
on 2/20/10 10:42 am - Hackettstown, NJ
How did you make out?  Did the doc ever call you back?  Keep us posted!  I totally understand... I'm 5 years post op and I'd be lost without my surgeon!  This is a lifelong journey we have each comitted to when we signed up for the surgery.  But don't panic... even if Dr. JB is unavailable to help there are many of us out here who can help you with support!  That's one great thing about these forums... you realize how many people are out there to act as cheerleaders and keep each of us motivated to stay focused on our journeys.

The other thing I'd throw out there is we have a great group of patients who meet monthly up at St Peter's Hospital, in New Brunswick, to support each other.  The doors are always open to anyone who's had the surgery and the groups are free.  Their support groups run on the 2nd Thursday of the month.  There is a Band Support Group from 6pm - 7pm and then a Bypass Support Group from 7p - 8p the same night. 

Both of these groups are well attended and the patients are very helpful to each other.  So stop on by and maybe we can help get you to that goal of another 25 pounds lighter! 

I email reminders monthly about the St. Peter's Support Group... If you're interested in being reminded just drop me a note with your email address.  You can reach me at:  [email protected]

Pat
francene K.
on 2/20/10 8:30 pm - perth amboy, nj
Oh most definitely, JB called me back a few times since I posted my original message..I did post that he returned my call(not sure if you read that)
I am totally happy with this man but again I will say, his staff was never 'right' as far as I am concerned, this however, is my opinion.
Fran Kopas
Sheri A.
on 3/6/10 7:37 am
Hello
I would like to add that I started a support group in Union County. We meet the first Saturday (usually) of every month in Scotch Plains at RWJ Fitness Center. The group was started 3 years ago and is wonderful and vibrant. Support groups are great and ours is not affiliated with any hospital or doctor.

I hear that Dr. JB is now in Watchung and will be doing surgery at Overlook. Overlook is a great hospital. Many doctors change hospitals for one reason or another.

As for the office staff at the Bariatric Center, they are there, Pat and Alison, and they will be able to transfer your records with a signed release or will keep them for the new doctor when he/she comes on board.
Heather310
on 2/18/10 10:36 pm - NJ
WOW..and I asked him if that was the case when he cancelled and he told me no...
Now what do I do. This is unbelievable.
tryingtogodown
on 2/19/10 2:41 am - South Plainfield, NJ
I'm thinking you have to start with another consult.  Do you have the "authorization" from your Insurance?  They should be able to just transfer the auth if you are having the same surgery.  (It took me 3 months to get my records when his office was in full swing!  you don't want to go through that now!!!!!!!!!!)

Good Luck and keep us posted as to where you end up.

Heather310
on 2/19/10 3:24 am, edited 2/19/10 4:07 am - NJ
Thanks.. I did already get an approval and I called Aetna and they said I would have to have a new approval under the new surgeons name.. I've been calling a few surgeons that are under Aetnas plan (and there is only 3 that even reasonably close to me) and one said I'd have to do their plan from step one and I'm waiting on a call back from another. I cant believe I spent all this money and time and this is whats happening. I guess I'm out a few hundred dollars now and if I have to start over then its just going to have to wait awhile because I wont be able to do it again.

Well thanks for your insight and help. I appreciate it!

Oh..did you happen to find out any more info as to why he's no longer working w/ JFK? Or do you know if there is a way I could find out?
Thanks again!
tryingtogodown
on 2/19/10 4:34 am - South Plainfield, NJ
The "real" scoop has not yet been released, but I have a few friends who are his OR nurses in JFK hospital.  I do know that at this time, the hospital is deciding if they are even going to keep the Bariatric Surgery program even going and that the office staff is on "administrative leave" for 2 weeks............. whatever that means????

When I hear more I will post on this thread, OK.

By the way, what about driving to a Dr. that is 40 minutes?  I live right near you, and my Dr. is in Florham Park.  It's not a bad drive, and they are in a lot of insurances.

ORNURSE
on 2/19/10 7:51 am
 I AM" ONE OF THE O.R. NURSE'S AT JFK O.R. Please be very careful in sharing the "scoop" with anyone here on this website as it is very easy to retrieve information from this website when" suing for slander or defamation of character".If anyone would like information they can simply call JFK and they will give you what they can share with you at this time, in a PROFESSIONAL manner and not a "scoop". 
Most Active
Recent Topics