sccuddlers
on 7/26/11 1:37 am - Fort Mill, SC
RNY on 01/16/12
Hi All,

I have just started my journey towards WLS with Dr. Gersin in Charlotte, NC.  I live just over the boarder in SC, but since my doctor is in NC and the SC group doesn't seem very active I thought I would venture over here; hope that is ok.

I am on my 2nd month od the dr supervised diet with Dr. Cleek (required by my insurance).  I have lost 8lbs but know I could have done better. I just got the thumbs up from my neurologist and still need to get a hematologist to ok surgery before Dr. Gersin is willing to do it.  Otherwise it is the typical insurance hoops I need to get past.  I am hoping to have surgery by the end of the year, but it would take evrything falling just right and not taking a long time to get back the ok once we submit paperwork, so it will probably be early 2012 before I have surgery if I look at it realisticly.

I look forward to meeting others who have been in my shoes and are already well into their journey.

Thanks,
Kim
~Kimberly  visit me at learn.love.live.

The 3 C's of life: choices, chances and changes ~
You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.

jadedragon23
on 7/26/11 3:06 am - Richfield, NC
Glad to "meet" you!! I am about a year and a half post op and down approx 130 lbs. I know that 8lbs doesn't seem like a lot to you but it's more than you think. My 6 months supervised diet didn't yield any weight loss for me because I would lose 10 lbs then it would come right back. If you have any questions or just wanna talk I'm here.
Proudtobaloser
on 7/26/11 4:33 am - Fayetteville, NC
You are fine. Some people can loose quite a bit before surgery while others are what I refer to is UP and Downers. They loose some and put some back on and the weight fluctuates. Just log all the food you eat. Keep track of exercise and activity. I have been logging for roughly four years and it does help keep me on track. I got my approval two weeks ago and got my surgery date last Tuesday. After four years of fighting I finally got my award. I will be having my surgery on August 29th. DO NOT LET my four years scare you. i had some issues that needed to be resolved first and they have been resolved. ROUGHLY 99% of people who go in for this surgery are apporved realitivly quickly. THere is just that 1% that need issues resolved before they can get it done.

You will get it. Just have faith and do what the guidelines state. If something doesn't seem right, question it. Ask A LOT of questions..... do research on ALL the surgeries. Word of advice, people WILL knock the choice you make for surgery, but YOU are the one who has to be the one to say it is YOUR choice and not theirs. YOU are the one who has to live with it and no one else.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

kemmieb
on 7/26/11 1:00 pm - KINGS MOUNTAIN, NC
Welcome!!!!

I am 3 months out!  Dr Stefanidis did my surgery.  He is at the same office with your MD.  You will do great.  I love everyone at their office, and CMC Mercy is wonderful!  I have no complaints at all!
Good luck with your progress!

Blessings!!!!!

Kem

NolaRendezvous
on 7/27/11 11:57 pm - NC
Hi Kim!

I'm new too.  I also just started my journey!  I'm in Raleigh...so far I've had the initial consult with my surgeon.  On 8/4 I have the sleep study and on 8/11 I meet with the nutritionist.

Good luck to you!!
goldstondebbi
on 7/28/11 2:26 am - Goldston, NC
Hey Sweetie! Ya know, if we could lose weight on a diet then we would not have our guts rearranged, would we? lol. Hang in there, it took me about 18 months to get to my surgery day, but I used that time for research and recovery from my food addiction. Once I had my surgery I used that tool along with the knowlege to be successful. Prepare for the ride of your life!
Deb
sccuddlers
on 7/28/11 9:04 am - Fort Mill, SC
RNY on 01/16/12
 Thanks for all the wonderful replies. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to be welcomed so readily.

I had my egd today and am feeling a bit out of it.  Doc said everything looked good and there was nothing to indicate that we couldn't proceed with surgery.  I meet with a sleep doc tomorrow and a hematologist on the 12th.  Once I get okayed by them it is just a matter of getting through the 6 month diet and making sure they have weights for the past 5 years.

I have to go figure out dinner for the kids, hubby is working.  I am so sleepy there is no telling what they will end up eating.

Thanks again,
Kim

orangecrushed
on 7/28/11 9:19 am - Triad, NC
Hiya Kim, welcome!

I hope your journey goes as smoothly as possible!  You will find tons of info on OH.  It's been a great resource for me.

Nic
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Join me here: weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/

sccuddlers
on 7/28/11 11:11 am - Fort Mill, SC
RNY on 01/16/12
 Thanks for the welcome.  I like your blog. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 656 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1707 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1370 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1724 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2759 views