Hi All - I'm new - Insurance question?

chickiedoo123
on 7/13/12 11:20 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12
Hello All -

My name is Ellie - I am new to the site and message boards.  I live in MN with my awesome hubby and daughter.  I am now waiting for insurance approval and I am going through the Southdale Weight Loss Clinic!  I just have to say that I do not like waiting - so I feel like I am going to go crazy waiting on the insurance company. How long have folks had to wait for insurance approval??

Thanks in advance -

El
Paul H.
on 7/15/12 2:14 pm - Eagan, MN
 It is a process and each company has different requirements. It took me about 4-5 months after I applied. There were about 5 visits with the surgery group, 2 physicals including a heart test and gall bladder/liver ultrasound. I also had to do both a phone counselling program, and 6 visits with a psychologist.
    55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

MelW1986
on 7/17/12 3:06 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/12
My surgeons office checked my insurance requirements before my first visit. I had to go through 6 months of seeing a dietitian and pass the psychological screening. It took me 1 year to get to the point of being able to apply to see if my insurance would cover it. But that was with some major family stuff that required me to travel out of state for a month to take care of my mom. When I got back I had to do another visit with the dietitian because my most recent visit was too long ago and I also had to update my psych eval. Once they sent everything off to my insurance it took only about 4-5 days

chickiedoo123
on 7/18/12 3:21 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12
Thanks Everyone for your replies.  I have had all of my appointments : nutritionist, sleep test, psych eval, DEXA Scan, blood work...all of that good stuff.  I had an appointment with my surgeon last Thursday and he is good to go and gave his approval of me having the RNY. 

When I left the office he said that they would submit to insurance that day.....well it is Wednesday now and they just submited yesterday - makes me a little nervous - but I am sure it is a process to get all of the stuff together.  I provided the clinic with medical history showing weights for the last 6 years - diagnosis of co-morbidities - high BP, sleep apnea, insulin issues etc.  I hope that they are able to use all of the information that I provided them with.  I don't want to get denied for something stupid.  I called the insurance company and they have not recieved it yet - it was faxed yesterday so I am sure that they have to get it into their system - I am so impatient.  I have waited YEARS to get to this pioint and I want it all right now!  The woman at Medica let me know that they have to make a decision within 10 days of reciept so here is hoping!

bellyfat612
on 7/18/12 3:17 pm
 Hi. I started at southdale and just didn't connect. Went to park nicollet for my first seminar mid June, submitted to insurance July 8 approved July 9! I like they do everyone thing in house. I didnt even need an mmpi. I am having surgery with the awesome Dr. Jones on August 16, 2012! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1637 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1245 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2722 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2776 views