Checking back in- almost 4 yrs out

PMarie
on 2/1/12 7:10 am - Bloomington, MN
Hello all: I've been absent from the boards for awhile, but I think it's time to check back in.
I can hardly believe I am 3 1/2 yrs out from surgery!  I've gained back about 12 lbs from my goal weight, and am working now to get that off.

The past three years have been eventful, to say the least.  My husband's 45 yr old daughter died suddenly two years ago, and last year he was diagnosed with cancer of the vocal cords.  Radiation treatments were not effective, so after undergoing 36 daily treatments, he had his voice box removed last April, and is learning to communciate with an electronic larynx device.

Through all of this, I am proud to say that I did not revert to my previous patterns of emotional eating!

I determined that going to a gym to 'work out' was not my style, so I am now going to a small fitness studio for lots of varied classes-- Pilates, yoga, Nia, and some fusion-type classes.  I really enjoy that, and it's something I can commit to.  We also added a darling dog to our household, and that is a real motivator for a daily walk!  I try to walk at least 30 minutes outside.  Our mild winter has made that pretty easy.

I've recommended this site to several people anticipating WLS, as it has been such a source of support and advice to me.  I hope to be able to return the favor by participating more actively as a 'long term' WLS patient.  

MaryMargaret C.
on 2/1/12 7:51 pm - Minneapolis, MN
How fabulous to read. Thank you so much for sharing your journey. I do so appreciate the tips and ideas as to how to be successful.

Kind Regards,

MM

Connie D.
on 2/2/12 2:17 am
Hello and welcome back to OH !!

I am so sorry for your loss and all the other things you have had to deal with. Hope things work out well for your Hubby with his voice box. I have a friend with one and he does really great.

Sounds like you definitely have your exercise in line....good for you!! Those pounds will drop off once again!

Have a great day....HUGS.....connie d
Diamond Girl
on 2/6/12 11:02 am - Ham Lake, MN
Aw PMarie - so good to see you here!

Wowsers...you all have endured some difficulties. I love your attitude of overcoming - I give you so much kudos! Way to keep your fitness level up and congrats on the pup addition!!

Stick around!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1669 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1266 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2745 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2791 views