Need ideas for a fancy outfit by June

Michelle G.
on 4/12/11 12:15 am - Duluth, MN
Ok..I need to buy a very fancy outfit before June 22nd and don't want to spend tons of money on it.  I'll probably wear it once.   I am not normally one to dress up a lot.  I am going to Veagas with a cousin and 2 sisters.   We are heading out there for a very big and exciting party for my other cousin's 50th birthday celebration.   This will not be a regular party by any means......I mean the person helping him throw the party is Donny Osmond his friend...woohoo I can hardly wait!!   So, we are all going to the Donny and Marie show and then on to the bday party afterwards with them and who knows what other celebs...as my cousin is a hairdresser in Hollywood. 

So, any ideas where I can get a nice outfit reasonably priced....maybe somewhere online as I live in Duluth and am not planning on going to the cities anytime soon.

Click here for a larger view. 

DragonGirl
on 4/12/11 12:29 am - MN
Do you have Dress Barn near you? They have tons of pretty dresses right now. Also try White House Black Market...beautiful stuff! Any dress can be jazzed up with blingy jewelry too!
Do yourself a favor and find comfortable heels! Your feet will thank you!!

http://www.dressbarn.com/misses/dresses

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/home.jsp?CMP=KNC- BING_BRAND

Hope this helps,
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 3:24 am
Have you tried any shops at the Fitger Mall?  I'm not sure if there are any there anymore.  It's been years since I've been shopping downtown.  Did you try Yonkers?  They are kind of like Macy's aren't they? Or possibly a bridal shop may have some cheaper bridesmaid type dresses?

Anyway HAVE FUN!! 
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 5:41 am - Clear Lake, MN
Michelle,

You could try Savers or a thirift store......JC Penneys has some good sales going on......

Kelly

Darla S.
on 4/12/11 5:50 am - Maple Grove, MN
You could check Craigslist, and I would also suggest local thrift shops.  After prom season, there ought to be plenty of dresses to be had for very little!

Say "HI!" to Donny for me!!  lol...

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

Yelena K.
on 4/13/11 10:29 am - Plymouth, MN
 In my opinion I'd spend a little more to get something that fits well and then reuse it for future fun parties :) 

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1669 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1268 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2745 views