Warning about Miralax

crice
on 5/26/10 5:24 am - Crown City, OH
Thank you that really helps

Connie

JanetLK
on 5/24/10 2:00 pm
I am just passing along what a Bariatric surgeon said at the ObesityHelp Conference. There were 3 other medical Drs on the panel and none disputed what he said. 
14cc band.1st fill 5.25cc,2nd fill 2cc; 3rd fill .8cc; 4th fill .4cc; 5th .4cc;.25 unfill          
Andrea U.
on 5/24/10 11:30 pm - Wilson, NC
I know, I was there.

They also said that at 3 years out, RNYers shouldn't eat more than 3 meals and 1000 calories (which is so completely wrong, I cannot even begin to tell you), that beta-carotene is absorbed in RNYers (which, again really couldn't be further from the truth), etc.

My point is that sometimes things don't get passed on correctly, and small details (such as this product's black box ONLY being issued during *extreme* high dosage during colon clensing use -- when they use the entire bottle at a time rather than one dose a day) don't get passed on as they should.  This is referred to as "junk science" and tends to create mass panic rather than accurate medical advice.

You can be frightened by it, or you can do the research and see the actual warning -- which is basically "drinking an entire bottle of this could shut down your kidneys" not "a dose a day is fine."
Most Active