Anyone had lap band over bypass revision?

sonnybone
on 4/30/10 2:25 am - lake hiawatha, nj
Was wondering how you are doing weight loss wise, and at what point do you feel full (satisfied) I know that my band needs to be filled because i am starving Thanks

Kelleigh710
on 4/30/10 2:57 am
Hey there, I just wanted to reach out you because I am scheduled to have this done  on 6/29/10 and it looks like you've already been there and done that!

I was just wondering how this surgery went in comparison to the RNY. My RNY was open, whta about you?  Was the pain in and around the same? Are you feeling restriction yet at all?  Looking forward to hearing back from you!

~Kelly
sonnybone
on 4/30/10 3:17 am - lake hiawatha, nj
Hi Kelly
I had lap rny in 2001, the pain from the lap band was no where near the same as my, I was up and walking 1 hour after surgery, there is still the gas pains but they left in a day or so, I stayed on the clear liquid diet for 3 days and wasnt hungry (i quess because I was healing) then I went to full liquid, cottage cheese, yougurt for the last 4-5 days and I havent pushed the issue because I dont want to throw up and have the band slip but I feel like I could eat alot and I am very hungry. I have been reading that it can take up to 2-3 fills before we will feel restriction, but to answer your question No I dont feel any restriction yet, I go to dr on tuesday to get staples out and I am definitely going to inquire about getting a fill.  On the bright side I have lost 9 lbs in 8 days I will keep you posted
dave
modeanryan
on 4/4/11 11:29 am - Duluth, GA
Hi Kelly - I am schedule next month - how did this go for you???
Kelleigh710
on 4/30/10 3:23 am
Dave, you're doing fantastic!!!  Keep up the great work. I'm going to send a friend request your way so we can keep eachother in the loop.  I know the weight won't come off as easily like it did with the RNY, but this time it will stay off for good! 
Most Active