MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/08 5:57 am
Commonwealth Bariatric Center, featuring Dr. John D. Husted- Bariatric Surgeon regularly featured on the Discovery Health Channel, does accept Medicaid and Medicare. For more information, please call our toll free number: 1.800.426.4285

154 Bogle Office park Drive
Suite A
Somerset, KY 42503

Cathi Roskind, RN, CBN
Bariatric Program Director
Commonwealth Bariatric Center
Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital
Lottie303
on 4/22/09 12:47 pm

Hello,
   I would like to let people know that Dr. husted in Somerset, Ky excepts medicaid....His web site is www.johnhustedmd.com
I am getting ready to go for my evaluations soon.  I have heard so many good things about him and I can't wait to meet him.  I hope this was help to someone.                Thanks,Shannon

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/09 5:11 am - KY
Dr. Greenbaum takes Medicare ..  he is in New Jersey and also Dr. Husted BUT Dr. Husted's hospital is not a Center of Excellence hospital which is required for Medicare...and that takes 9 months to get.
emily42220
on 12/9/09 6:09 am
Here is my doctors info. 

John Husted, M.D.
154 Bogle Office Park Dr. Suite B
Somerset, KY 42503
(606)-425-4697(877)-JHUSTED (548-7833)(606) 425-4699 (fax)

[email protected]

http://johnhustedmd.com/

He excepts the Ky medical card.  Hope this helps someone.
Thanks, Emily

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/10 12:18 pm - Elkhorn City, KY
My doctor is Dr.Tompkins at Kings Daughters Ashland.
I have Medicare and have no six month wait. He accepts Medicaid.
They have 3 doctors.

loyalgirl40324
on 2/18/10 4:07 am
Georgetown Community Hospital's Program, Georgetown Bariatrics, and their surgeon, Dr. Tom Sonnanstine, accepts both Medicaid and Medicare.

Check out the website at www.georgetownbariatrics.com.
steve40004
on 3/10/10 8:58 am - Bardstown, KY

Robert Joseph Farrell, MD

Flaget Weight Loss Center 
Flaget Memorial Hospital - 4305 New Shepherdsville Road - Bardstown, KY 40004

The Flaget Center for Weight Loss Surgery with Dr. Rob Farrell offers Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding at Flaget Memorial Hospital in Bardstown. Our bariatric center cares for the entire patient and helps them to use surgery as a tool to change their life.

I am in the process with Passport and Medicaid.

melinda D.
on 3/17/10 10:55 pm - salvisa, KY
My name is Melinda,I have atempted this I don't know how many times to get this done. I have an appointment with a Dr Gadre in Louisville ky for the Vertigo surgery. He does accept the medical card. but does any one know anything about him.

thanks,
melinda

Melinda Dennis

rtoles51485
on 11/8/13 12:23 am

I was in touch with Georgetown Bariatric today and was told that they do accept medicaid and that it covers the gastric sleeve but only after a 6 month doctor documented diet. 

xxLorrainexx
on 4/24/10 1:37 am
For Norton Bariatric Center in LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY call (502) 629-5243 or (502) 629-5626 for seminar information. Some individuals may receive the bypass or banding procedures. You can also go to the NortonBariatric.com website. Medicaid is paying for my surgery less than a month from today. I have Passport Health care Plan provided by the government. I only paid $300 out of pocket which I collected from family members. If you are interest, have your doctor to log a weight loss program from now to 6 months. Just to already have it on you medical records. Do not skip a month or your insurance can deny the request.  You will have to obtain medical records about any  medical conditions related to obesity. The application is a long process, so go see your doctor to see if he will give you a referral to visit a BARIATRIC Specailist/Surgeon if needed. Attending the seminar is the first step! So call the number above to register!
Rainey
Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 202 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati
cpinckard63 · 0 replies · 1419 views
Paducah, Ky
devonnec · 0 replies · 5239 views