Educating my pcp!

Nancy A.
on 6/2/03 5:03 pm - Burlington, Ia
Where can I get information for my pcp to educate her when she talks to the surgeon I've chosen. Can anyone help me here?
Julie D.
on 6/3/03 3:09 am - Clinton, IA
Information about surgery? I would be more inclined to have info about yourself available, like maybe a list of every diet you have ever tried, any surgeries that you have ever had, medications you are on or comorbidities that you suffer from... these are the things my surgeon wanted from me before we even had our consult. My opinion is that no one should have any surgery that the surgeon has not performed at least 100 times, if not more. With that in mind, the surgeon will be the one educating your pcp. I never had to have my surgeon and pcp talk, I just found the surgeon I wanted to use and went from there. If you have title XIX, then you might need a referral to a surgeon, your pcp might have a list of bariatric surgeons that accept your insurance. I hope this helps, I guess I don't know what information you want your pcp to have... this website has a great deal of info about the surgery, and any surgeon will have literature that you can take with you too. ~Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics