considering surgery :)

Imgoing2balooser
on 6/2/03 5:57 am - Des Moines, IA
Hello All I've been lurking the board for the past couple days, and am so excited to possibly have found a tool to help me get this weight off. I currently weigh around 260. I have two kids, a two year old and a two month old. I am 22 years old. I was wondering if age tends to play a part in rather or not WLS is an option. I am making a consult appt. today. My plan is that I am going to try and loose weight by eating healthy and excersing while waiting for the consult appt, if that goes well then maybe I wont need to use WLS. My biggest concern is being sick constantly. As well as not being able to eat like a typical average weighing individual. My weight has made me an outsider already, and I dont want to be one after the surgery as well. However knowing that my health will improve and I will be able to be an active mom would make me do anything to get this weight off. BTW Julie, you recipie idea is a great one. I agree you seem like such a great asset of the board.
Amber C.
on 6/2/03 6:48 am
Amanda, Congrats on your decision. As for age playing a role in approval, I think you'll be fine. I had surgery when i was 19 and i'm now 22 as well. I wish you the best of luck!!! Amber in Fairfield
Julie D.
on 6/2/03 8:01 am - Clinton, IA
Thanks for the compliment, my husband says I am a great ass.. I liked your wording better ;) I have never thrown up since I had surgery almost 11 months ago. I do get nauseus, but I use that as a tool to NOT over eat. As far as eating like a typical weight individual, I went to Pizza Hut for lunch buffet today, had a slice of thin and crisy pepperoni pizza, a small salad (approx. 3/4c. with dressing, egg, cheese, raisins, black olives, cucumbers) and some pasta (approx. 1 c. taken, did not finish all of it). My appetite was satisfied, I felt I had a nice mix of foods PLUS they gave me my meal at a child's price, so it was under $3!! I have young children too, and now that I am almost 150 lbs freer, I am able to play more with them and REALLY enjoy the outdoors. Good luck with your weight loss journey. If you ever have any questions at all, please post them or email me. Take care!!! ~Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics