Cancelled appointments

princessbella
on 6/1/03 3:35 pm - West Des Moines, IA
I'm in limbo right now I guess....My surgeons office has a pre-cert # from my insurance company, pending the psych evaluation of course. So I have nothing from the ins. co yet, and when I call and ask them, the customer service girls tell me that it's still being reviewed, not very comforting to me I guess. But I did have the psych appointment and from the message that I got from my surgeon office, they still dont have the report from him, and my 2nd consult was supposed to be tomorrow (June 2nd), but they said I'll have to re-schedule. Every appoinement I've had has been re-scheduled. I am so very frustrated. I've even had my appointment with their dietician so everything is supposedly in place except for the flippin shrink who is being slow and making things difficult. Ok thanks for listening everyone!!! =)
Michelle H.
on 6/2/03 3:18 am
Having worked in the field of disabilities for many years, I can attest to the slow pace of psychiatrists, but more often completion lies more with the transcriptionists who may be responsible for reports from many different doctors. Call the psych office and bug them about it; stress the importance of a speedy return and it may just be enough to move your dictation to the top of the pile. Good luck! Michelle from CR
Julie D.
on 6/2/03 8:05 am - Clinton, IA
Good luck, I know it gets frustrating! Maybe call the insurance co. and see if there is anything YOU can do to get things moving quickly. I feel that if you keep calling and making it known to them that you ARE going to following up on things, that insurance co and doctor's offices will move a little faster for you. Keep us posted on everything, remember you are in our thoughts!! If you ever have any questions, email me or post them. ~Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics