Protein

Robin P.
on 10/5/04 11:18 am - TN
I had surgery a week ago tomorrow, but i have not been able to find any protien drinks that don't smell like crap or make me sick. Does anyone have a suggestion or recipe that worked for them, my doctor wants me on these drinks for 5 more weeks. Help. Robin
6cats2dogs
on 10/5/04 11:49 am - Jefferson, GA
I have started using the Unjury unflavored powder. I mix it with everything. Drinks, food, whatever. It works great. Hugs, Debra
modeanryan
on 10/5/04 1:13 pm - Duluth, GA
I use Unjury Chocolate with skim milk. It taste just like an Instant Breakfast to me.. I like it fine. Good luck! -Tami
Karel J.
on 10/5/04 1:17 pm - GA
I'm a huge fan of Unjury as well. It dissolves well and has no chalky taste or feel. A bonus is the excellent customer service. I personally love the vanilla mixed in my milk and it tastes just like the vanilla milk you'd find in the grocery store. Good luck!
Jeff W.
on 10/5/04 2:06 pm - McDonough, GA
I prefer Zoic Chocolate drink. 26g protein, only 110 cal. Tastes great cold. You can get it at Kroger or GNC. jeff
GAMARY
on 10/5/04 11:06 pm - SMYRNA, GA
Hello Robin: I have not had my surgery but in the process of getting all my tests, etc. I have used and sometime still do a soy protein called Revival. You can go to the web site revivalsoy.com and get more information and order the product. Very good for you and tastes great. Goodl Luck Mary
vhall99
on 10/5/04 11:45 pm - Conyers, GA
Another good source of protein is the Atkins Carb Countdown milk..I love the chocolate (I am not a milk drinker and I love this stuff!!)..also try the slimfast low carb diet shakes..they have alot of protein in them!! Hope that helps!! val
Leigh A.
on 10/5/04 11:54 pm - Atlanta, GA
After my surgery I also could not drink protein drinks without getting sick. But finally I figured out it was because I was mixing them with milk and it was the milk that was making me sick - not the protein. I have switched to Lactaid milk - and can drink them now. I don't hear about too many people becoming lactose intolerant, but it did happen to me. Hope this helps
Kelle W
on 10/6/04 12:45 am - Atlanta, GA
It happened to me as well, and I hate it cause I love milk! Kelle
lisasolis
on 10/6/04 12:24 pm - Rincon, GA
I am 5 months post op and still need protein drinks sometimes. Both my son and I had surgery on 5/13 and the protein drinks nauseate me and smell horrible. This is what I drink: 1 Blue Envelope Chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast - Lo Carb, 8 oz. Green Hood Carb Countdown Milk, 4 or 5 ozs. Seltzer. This is the best chocolate eggcream ever and HAS 17Grams of Protein!!!! We both love this drink and mix the carnation and milk in a shaker then add the seltzer until it gets foamy!! This tastes great for me! I know we are not supposed to have any carbonation but my doctor does not state that and this works for me!!!
Most Active