Liver and Onion recipe anyone?

happi23
on 10/4/04 4:20 am - Atlanta, GA
I've never prepared this before, but I've just started eating this about 2 years ago. I bought some yesterday to prepare tonight. But I don't want it with gravy or using flour. Kinda sauteed I like the way it is prepared at Piccadilly's...maybe I should just go there...lol Any suggestions?
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/04 4:23 am - Warner Robins, GA
Sorry T, liver & onions isn't a fav of mine. It seems like it would be a good source of iron & protein but I just can't do it. Tonya
happi23
on 10/4/04 4:34 am - Atlanta, GA
I absolutely hated it growing up and I never ate it. I re-visted liver 2 years ago and loved it...only w/o gravy...lol btw...i'm Tonya as well
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/04 4:56 am - Warner Robins, GA
Nice to meet you Tonya Maybe I should try some. It is good for us post-ops.
6cats2dogs
on 10/4/04 4:56 am - Jefferson, GA
My husband fixed me chicken liver and onions the other night. He sauteed it in a pan with a little water and some spices. It was great! I don't see why you can't chop up the beef liver and do it the same way. Hope this helps. Hugs, Debra
happi23
on 10/4/04 4:59 am - Atlanta, GA
I'll probably chop it up anyway....sounds like a winner!
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/04 5:02 am - Warner Robins, GA
BTW- I read on your profile that your bird's name is Chloe...that's what my dogs name was. Tonya
happi23
on 10/4/04 5:06 am - Atlanta, GA
LOL...I also see that you're in Warner Robins...I'm from Peach County... *cues creepy music*
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/04 8:26 am - Warner Robins, GA
Oh my goodness! DO you have a child?...He probably has the same name as mine.LOL
Patima
on 10/4/04 7:15 am - GA
I make mine without gravy and my family hates it! All the more for me! I just sear each side of the liver in a frying pan. Then I pile the sliced onions on top. I add water just to cover the liver, turn the temp down to simmer, cover and let it go until the onions are tender! Check every so often to see if more water is needed. Patti
Most Active