Surgery Oct. 25 with Dr. Duncan

c E.
on 10/3/04 10:31 am - conyers, GA
Hello, I am having surgery on Oct. 25th with Dr. Duncan. If anyone having surgery is interested in emailing me and comparing what we are doing to get prepared for surgery I would love to hear from you. Or if you are post-op and have some advice that would be welcome. I seldom ever post, however, I have been reading this site for many months. Charlene
modeanryan
on 10/3/04 1:43 pm - Duluth, GA
Hi Charlene!! First of all...stay relaxed! (Easier SAID than done!) Don't go nuts eating tooo much the week before surgery. Don't take much to the hospital, you won't need it.. Have you started trying any protein drinks? If not, I would suggest that...some of the sites offer samples. unjury.com, bariatriceating.com Here's a great piece of advice...Come JOIN us on Saturday for dinner!!! -Tami
vhall99
on 10/4/04 5:15 am - Conyers, GA
Hi Charlene: We have 2 things in common, I had Dr. Duncan for my surgery and I live in conyers!. I had surgery on 7/7/04 and I am doing great!. My advice to you is to know that your feelings of anxiety are more than normal, even up to the surgery date, at least for me that is when It stopped!. Follow the rules after surgery and as soon as you can when you get back to your room after surgery get up and walk...walk...walk and walk some more, this is important and Dr. Duncan's staff wont let you lay around in the bed!. Try to start eating light and by the time you are 2 days prior to surgery and you have to only eat the clear liquid diet, it wont be such a shock to your body and you wont feel like you are starving. His staff was wonderful at the hospital and they treated me like a Queen!..Best of luck to you and you will be in my prayers. If you need to ask me any other questions , feel free to email me at any time.!!! Valerie
Most Active